Chapter Four - Dangerous Mates

Start from the beginning

“Lucas, you’re not listening to me. Something doesn’t feel right.” I glared over my shoulder.

He mumbled something under his breath that I couldn’t catch, even with my heighten hearing, and shook his head, “It’s fine.” He spoke clearly.

“Will you hold my hand at least?” I whispered.

“You want me to what?” He seemed appalled by the idea.

“Nevermind.” I groaned and began walking forward, shoving down the uneasy feeling. It wasn’t like I asked him to kiss me and I only wanted him to hold my hand out of freight, not that I really wanted to hold his hand or anything…

I stopped up short when I felt eyes on me, other than Lucas’s, scared I looked around.

“Really?” He questioned, “What now?”

“Someone is watching us.”

“Of course they are.” He agreed, “Now let’s keep moving.”

“You don’t seem so concerned.” I muttered but continued walking.

We made it to the territories edge and the feeling grew stronger. I looked over to see Lucas standing by my side, looking straight forward. I knew that my father and a few others were coming closer because Lucas became on edge, his carnies flashed in defensive. I must admit that I thought he looked scary as hell. I mean he hated me, there was no way that he’d refrain from hurting me.

Lucas curled me under his arm, his hand at my neck and his claws scraping onto my skin. I gasped, see he’d hurt me in a heartbeat. My dad came into view and I saw his jaw drop at the sight of me. Probably cause my face was still all bruised or because Lucas could kill me at any moment.

“Dad.” I breathed out, my eyes watering.

“Rose.” He seemed shocked and unsure.

“Now that we all got acquainted again,” Lucas growled gripping me tighter as his claws dug into my skin, but not enough to draw any blood. “Should I kill her or are you going to give me what I want?”

“I’ll do anything, just give her over to me.” My dad pleaded. I was surprised that he was showing emotions, Alpha’s weren’t supposed to show weakness.  “Don’t hurt her, please.”

“Give me your word and she’s all yours.” Lucas growled, his claws really digging into my skin now.

My father hesitated and I winced. Lucas seeming to became aware of me tensed as his claws retracted.

“Rose.” His voice shook as he let me go. I fell to my knees and grabbed my throat, where blood was draining from my neck.

My head got heavy and the next thing I knew my father was standing over me protectively before everything went black.