Chapter Fifteen - Winter Formal

_______________________

Slipping the mint dress over my skin, I smiled. It was a pretty dress and hit my mid thigh, with a bow in the back. It was different then dresses you'd normally see at a school dance, in of that, that I was coved and was mostly modest.

My naturally curly hair was pinned back also with a mint bow that matched my dress to a T.

There was a knock at my door, I sighed and straightened out my dress in attempt to make myself comfortable. "Come in." I called.

The door opened and I internally groaned when I was greeted with his scent. "May I enter thy lady's chambers?" Rex spoke as he stood in the doorway.

I looked at him through the mirror, fixing a hair that was out of place before I turned around to face him. "You're such a dork." I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clutch and jacket off the bed before I pushed him out of my way.

He laughed following after me as I made my way down the stairs. "what are you even doing here?" I sighed as I slipped on my flats at the door.

"Your dad invited me, something bout a dance you were dying to go to." he frowned, "Speaking of which, how you feeling?"

"I'm fine." I muttered and then gave him a curious glance, "My dad invited you?" Was it possible that my father knew that I was going to go to school and the dance despite my situation. Was my father trying to make me happy?

"Come on darling." He opened the door and ushered me out.

"Just so you know, I'm not dancing with you."

"Not even once?" He pouted as he got into the car.

"Not even once." I spoke firmly.

He nodded and began to drive the ten minutes into town. My butterflies started in the pit of my stomach, I hope everything turned out alright. I wish Lucas could be here.

Rex waited for me at the front of the car which is where he offered me his arm. I shook my head with a sigh, my lips twitching into a small smile. It was just the gentalmenting thing to do, that's all.

As soon as we walked in my mouth dropped, it looked amazing all set up, the lights on, the white flowers placed all around, even the candy/snack table was amazing.

"This is amazing!" I heard people around me gushing. I smiled, my pack seem to at least appreciate a nice setting for the dance.

"Hey, you are a creative genius." Miranda came over to us. I stepped away from Rex and smiled.

"Thanks, how'd your side turn out?"

Miranda's face scrunched up, "Tacky, as per." I quickly glanced to the other side of room that was separated by curtains. Christmas decorations scattered all around with a tree in the middle of the dance floor, it was tacky in a way but also...nice, I guess.

"I see." I laughed, "Oh, this is Rex." I gestured to him when I caught her looking.

"Oh, is this your mate?" She asked innocently.

Then I felt him. Lucas was here. I quickly looked to the other entrance and saw him. He was so handsome in his fitted suit, his brown hair slicked back. I gave him a smile when his eyes met mine. Something I wasn't prepared for happened next.