Chapter Three - Once Wasn't Enough

_________________

My head throbbed and my body ached as I was thrown up against the wall, again. I think I’ll die if Logan touches me again. I literally can’t take it anymore and it’s only been three days. Logan never leaves, he keeps touching and fondling me. I have no energy to fight him back.

It doesn’t help that my wolf feels like we’re betraying our mate and is making me feel worse. At least the connection with Lucas has stopped, I don’t think I couldn’t take Lucas trying to break the bond and being taken advantage of at the same time.

My eyes were dry and lifeless as I looked at the ground, they were only dry because I’ve cried non stop for the past two days and there isn’t any left to go on. Logan stood in front of me and took my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. Disgust filled me to the core. He must have seen the feeling in my eyes because he snarled.

“Show me some respect.” I bit my tongue so I wouldn’t get in anymore trouble and be punished worse. “I’m an Alpha.”

I rolled my eyes and it didn’t go unnoticed. “You little slut.” He growled, “How dare you belittle me!” His fist collided with the wall beside my head causing me to flinch in surprise. “I. Will. Kill. You.” He hissed.

My stomach dropped as my eyes meet his, his were black showing me his Alpha side was awake and to the surface. “Good.” I whispered, my voice hoarse.

My mate didn’t want me anymore, nor did my family, my pack, anyone really. I didn’t even want me and it’s less cowardly if someone kills me, right?

He growled again and grasped my throat tightly, my eyes beginning to water. And even though I wanted to die, my mind told me to fight back. I grabbed for his hands in a desperate attempt to loosen his grasp and he smirked, “Don’t test me bitch.”

He dropped me to the ground in a heap and laughed, “Who would ever want you as a mate? You’re worthless but you are a good little fuck.” He laughed.

I shuddered in disgust, he was crude and perverated. I hated him.

“What?” He growled causing it to echo off the stone walls, piercing my ears. He didn’t say anything else as his eyes glazed over before leaving through the large iron rod door.

I crawled to the small window that was above the bed as I heard shouting and growls coming from outside. Could someone be saving me? I crossed my fingers as I peeked out the dirty window but I couldn’t make out anything or anyone.

That’s when I felt it. Lucas was furious, nervous, and over all scared. His emotions were so raw that I didn’t know what to do with the feelings or how was I supposed to deal with them?

“Lucas?” I whispered, standing up on my tip toes to try and get a better view. His growled ripped through the air and I had to smile. He was saving me, even though I know that was the last thing he wanted to do.