History Summary

Year 312, Fenris is born.

Year 330, Fenris becomes possessed by an evil being, cursing his life for eternity in servitude to them.

Year 430, Fenris escaped his torment, sending him out into a world that he could never love again.

Year 440, Almar was born.

Year 445, Almar is sent into the human realm for conspiring against the crown, an accusation he did not make. His memory was erased. He is later found by a childless couple seeking to claim one of their own.

458, Almar sets out into the world to show his talents, intending to help others with it for the good of everyone.

Year 460, Almar is accused of murdering his adopted parents, sent to be executed, but managed to flee with five hundred dead in his wake. Captured, he was tied up and sent to the edge of the world to vanish from existence.

Year 560, Almar kills the N'Farr, ending their guidance over the world.

Year 1375, Prince Rickard is born.

Year 1393, Prince Rickard is crowned King.

Year 1407, Prince Derek was born to King Rickard of house Kriger. King Rickard's wife and Derek's mother, Queen Rea, died of an illness later that year.

Year 1420, Carrion was born to Lord Avaren and Lady Alicia of house Waverly in Fenwik castle.

Year 1423, the first rebellion began. Vassals made separate alliances to retaliate against King Rickard, and the siege of Port Rave went underway beyond his notice. Not long after, King Rickard was assassinated by members of his court. Those assailants were executed by Prince Derek upon discovery.

Year 1426, King Derek married Lena of Fenwik, sister to Lady Alicia, who was the wife of Lord Avaren Waverly.

Year 1428, Lord Avaren Waverly was assassinated by rivaling vassals as a long-awaited scheme under the King of Paldaron's notice. Carrion and Alicia fleed to Frostford for Avaren's estate there. Carrion was 8 years old.

Year 1430, Theodren was born in a small village to a young peasant couple near Riversedge.

Year 1432, Steffen was born to a young poor couple in the small port town named Yori of Greymeria. Later that year, Steffen's father was sent to the war, dying at sea, not long into service.

Year 1434, Zoran was born in the same fiefdom as Theodren. That same year, Valora was born to Aran and Elera of house Sadorian in the capital of the Dragon Shores, Arandoth.

Year 1435, the war between Lorlyn and Greymeria ended, Lorlyn the victor. A peace treaty was signed between Greymeria and Lorlyn later that year; making a trade agreement with the end of the Darkcloak's reign over the people of Greymeria. The noble houses of those lands returned to how it was before the war, with a new King crowned, Raeden, after his father had passed in the war. Thus ended the first rebellion under King Derek's reign.

Year 1436, Sven was born to Raeden, a wealthy chieftain who ended up chosen as king of Greymeria, under the treaty demanded by Lorlyn. Raeden was later assassinated by his brother, Reed. Sven's mother took her son in an attempt to escape their fate at the hands of Reed. Sven escaped on a traveling vessel with a young couple by the pleads of his mother. His mother died by the arrows of Reed's guardsmen moments after the departure. Reed started a war against Lorlyn, sieging their trade ports and cutting off the occupation by Lorlyn soldiers.

Year 1437, the second war between Lorlyn and the Greymer came to an end, with Reed being executed for bringing rise to the darkcloaks once more, breaking their last treaty, and committing several war crimes: executing noble prisoners without trials. He wanted to end the war quickly by killing off all the leaders of Lorlyn, but then Lorlyn spread the word in Greymeria of Reed being a merciless coward, and the offer for peace with reasonable terms were offered, with the only demand being Reed's head, and keeping the same treaty from before, but more leniently. Greymeria agreed. The darkcloaks went into hiding again, and Reed was executed.

Year 1438, Carrion joined Drakon.

Year 1439, Carrion's mother succumbed to her illness lasting most of her son's childhood.

Year 1440, the second rebellion began.

Year 1442, Zoran and Theodren's home was sacked by a rebel band. Capturing all the women, killing the men and children, taking every belonging before burning the village to the ground. Their father supposedly died in the fighting, and their mother the morning after succumbed to heavy burn wounds. Zoran is 8 years old, and Theodren 12.

Year 1443, Zoran and Theodren were discovered in the wilderness near Drakon by Carrion and his companion at that time. They are later brought to Drakon, and soon after requesting to join the cause.

Year 1444, Zoran and Theodren were trained in all the fields associated with Drakon, later having Carrion as their teacher. Carrion was 24, Zoran 10, Theodren 14.

Year 1446, Zoran and Theodren headed on their first mission: to slay the wyvern of a mountain pass, along with Carrion as their leader.

Year 1448, Zoran and Theodren headed on their first mission alone to slay a barg taking refuge near a road crossing between two cities: Frostford and Lorlyn. The mission was a success, and the two continued their service together in Drakon.

Year 1451, Zoran and Theodren left Drakon to join King Derek's army in the Lorlyn civil war. The two were later accepted into service.

Year 1452, Sven joined Drakon in search of work, as did Valora. Valora was taught all the arts of combat against any enemies to Drakon by Carrion, and Sven became a courier after continuous failures in training at Drakon and its other services. Valora was 18, Sven 16.

Year 1454, the then called "Bloody brothers," Zoran and Theodren were given wealth and honor for their many victories in the rebel conflict, meeting King Derek himself. They were officially titled as generals, the lowest of rank. Thus grew the tensions between King Derek and his loyal vassals as a result of favoring two low born young men for granting them the title of lordship.

Year 1460, the battle of Burned Hill began, the final major conflict between Lorlyn and the rebel forces. Lorlyn was victorious by the hands of the two brothers and many other lords. Zoran and Theodren later told the news to King Derek, where at the meeting were taken away their title of lordship, sending them off with no remaining honor or wealth, just a past memory. Thus ended the tensions between King Derek and his subjects, resolving the tensions the King had with his vassals. That same year, during late summer, Almar led his army of Zerethian to conquer Ashfield, just east of the Zerethian valley. Zoran and Theodren met Carrion and Valora as well as other assistance in a call to arms once more together, a fight against the greatest foe the world had ever known.