Addiction

— the fact or condition of being addicted to a particular substance, thing, or activity.

{Note: In this story, Tom plays the main male characte, Thomas Bennett. He is English, like Tom as well.}

{Third Person}

The clicking of heels echoed off the walls of the building as Athena Bennett made her way through it. She was called by a Dr. Robert Bradshaw and asked to come to his office urgently. It was about her husband, Thomas Bennett. Her heart was in her stomach as she rushed to his office. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she panting heavily, standing at the door with the doctors name written in bold letters. She took a breath, wiped her tears, and knocked on the door. Little did she know, that once she entered, her life would change forever.

"Good evening, Mrs. Bennett." Dr. Bradshaw greets as he opens the door. He moves to the side, letting her come in.

"Where's my husband?" she asks, frantically looking around the room. Dr. Bradshaw closes the door before turning to face the anxious woman standing in his office.

"Please. Have a seat." He says, walking to his desk. He tried to keep his face as neutral as possible, not wanting to frighten her.

"Not until you tell me where my husband is. And how you got my number." she says putting her bag in one of the chairs facing his desk. He lets out a sigh, unbuttoning his suit jacket before sitting in his chair.

"Thomas? Let your wife know you're okay my boy." he says turning to the door on his right. Athena looks over at the door.

"I'm alright Thena." a British accented voice says from the other side. She lets out a sigh of relief, her hand covering her heart as she begins to calm down. Dr. Bradshaw smiles.

"Now... Can you have a seat? Please?" She nods and takes a seat in the empty chair beside him.

"What is going on?" she asks in a concerned voice.

"Mrs. Bennett... Your husband has come to me today because he wants help."

"Help? With what exactly?"

"Well um... Before I reveal this to you, I ask that you prepare yourself first." Her face softens a bit. She went from confused to concerned.

"Doctor, what is going on with my husband?" she asks, her voice cracking a bit. Robert clears his throat, rubbing his mouth preparing to say these awful things to this lovely woman who has no idea what's about to happen to her beautiful heart and soul.

"Mr. Bennett came to me for help with his addiction..." Robert clears his throat.

"Addiction?" Athena says confused.

"Mrs. Bennett it is my understanding from what your husband has confessed to me that he is a sex addict."

Athena bursts into laughter. "Doctor. I can assure you that that is not a problem. I give him all the lovin' he could possibly want. Why would he need help with that?"

Robert felt so bad. She had no idea what had been happening right under her nose.

"Mrs. Bennett, are you aware that... you're husband has had multiple partners?"

"Yeah but that was before me." she shrugs.

"I'm afraid it's... also been during your marriage." he finally says. Athena's face goes blank. She chuckles a bit.

"Wait are you telling me.. that my husband has been cheating on me?" Robert simple nods. Athena looks over at the door to the right. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.