Keep Breathing

Silence.

It can be a deadly thing.

It can also be a healthy thing.

But in Olivia's case, right now. The silence in this room was killing her.

She stood beside the bed where her mother lay. Her body was still and nearly stiff. Her eyes were closed and her wires had been removed. The soft beeping noise was no longer there. The soft sound of air being pumped into her mothers lungs was also gone. There was complete silence. And that meant one thing.

She was gone.

Her life support had been withdrawn, and her body was now an empty vessel. If Olivia could, she would give her mother her heart just to hear her voice again.

"Olivia." a voice called to her. Her eyes were basically glued to her mother's body. She had heard many call her name, but never really responded. Suddenly a hand touches her shoulder, and the trance she found herself in was broken.

"Are you ready?" the soft british voice says to her. This time, she nods her head. The hand goes from her shoulder to her hand guiding her out of the hospital room.

They walk down the white hall, doctors and nurses go about doing their work. It started to anger Olivia. No one cared that the only person in her life just died in the room down the hall? Of course, it felt like no one did because she had no family to lean on and carry the burden of grief and mourning she was dealing with at the moment. She began to feel some sense of anger, but it subsided when a soft hand gently squeezed hers. She looked over to see Jonathan looking at her as he lead her out of the hospital to the car that was waiting for them.

In the car, the silence was even more unbearable. Olivia watched the scenery as it rushed by the window as Jonathan drove. His eyes would sway from the road over to her every so many minutes. He was worried about her. She hadn't said anything for a long while. Not a tear had shed. Of course he wasn't expecting it. After all she is a Reed. The only living Reed left.

Olivia only had her mother. Her mother had no family or friends. As a CIA agent, you tend to leave your family behind and fake it as if you have none, for their protection of course. According to her mother, Olivia's father was an agent as well and died during one of his missions that went wrong.

So Olivia was alone. She had a few close friends, Jonathan included. That was it. That's all she needed.

"We're here." Jonathan says, waking Olivia from her much needed nap. Her eyes pop open as a sigh leaves her lips. She raises up in the seat, grabbing her keys when Jonathan grabs her hand. She lets out a soft sigh before looking up at him. His eyes were soft, concerned.

"Want me to stay?" he asks. "I'll stay if you need me to."

"No." she answers in a monotone. "I'd rather be alone right now."

With that, she grabs her keys and bag, exiting the car. Jonathan sighs. He knew she would say that. She hated depending on anyone. Especially when she was vulnerable. She didn't like to look weak.

The next few weeks were pretty somber but hectic. In Sasha's will, she asked to be cremated. The ashes were to be kept with Olivia. There was a letter Sasha had written for Olivia, and a life savings worth one million dollars left to her.

Jonathan was at her side at her mother's memorial. She wore a black dress, with heels, her hair straight and down to her back. Her mother loved her hair like that. She would always complement her baby girl on how pretty she was. After all she looked just like her. Jonathan wore a simple black suit and tie. His hair was cut and he was freshly shaved.