The Music of Our Love

{Picture of Eleanor's Dress Above}

I stood there, my back to his. There was nothing but pure silence between us. I wouldn't dare turn to face him. I didn't want to see him. Seeing those piercing blue eyes that would make me melt from the inside out and kill me where I stood. So, I stood there with my back to him. Of course he wouldn't allow me to stand there like that for too long. He would eventually say something that would force me to turn around and then I'd have to face my past. The past I desperately tried to forget. Not because I wanted to, but because I needed to. I needed to forget him. Everything about him was etched into my mind, my body and unfortunately my soul as well. He lived within the depths of my heart. I loved him with everything I had. And when he left a year ago... He broke me. My heart and soul. So I stood there. With my back to him. My body trembled in anticipation of hearing his voice. My heart was beating so fast, my chest began to hurt as it rose and fell with every deep breath I tried to calm myself down with. I hear his foot steps as they slowly approach me. I flinch at the echo of them.

"Are you gonna turn around?" he asks in his deep british accent. I let out a soft sigh, swallowing hard as I shake my head 'no'. He lets out a shaky sigh. I could almost feel his hand reach out to me. My body stood still,trembling but ready for his embrace even though I should'nt want it, but I needed it. My heart and mind struggled with what I needed and what i desperately needed.

"Ellie..." He whispers stepping closer. I quickly move before he could get any closer to me, my body turns slightly as I lean against the beautiful white walls of the hall way in front of the ballroom. He pulls back, his hand going to his lips as he rubs them the way he does when he's thinking.

"What do you want from me?" I stammer still looking away from him.

"Can't you just... talk to me?Please..." he begs.

"What is there to talk about Jonathan?" He looks at me, stunned. I had never called him that.

"Eleanor.. Please."

"I'm sorry. I have to go." I say holding back tears as I walk away from him down the hall. I hear him running to get in front of me. His hand goes to my shoulders. My head raises as I'm physically stopped from walking.

"Jon please! Why are you doing this to me?" I ask, my eyes filled with tears and red.

"Because I need to explain. I promise I'll leave you alone if you'd... just let me explain. Please?"

I sigh. Jesus Christ what is he doing to me? I've become soft. Why am I even giving him this time to explain? Do I even need the explaination? I look away for a minute then up at him into the deep blue eyes of his.

"Okay." I finally say, moving back from his hands. He lets out a sigh of relief, rubbing his fingers through his blond curly hair.

"Can we... Go outside where we have privacy?" I nod as he steps aside, extending his arms to lead me to the beautiful
garden.

{Jonathan}

She looked beautiful. Her body, her skin. She always looked perfect. I couldn't stop staring at her as she glides across the room, speaking and smiling to every person she encountered. I sipped on my wine, slowly pressing the wine glass against my lips, not sipping due to being distracted by her beauty. She wore a long emerald  dress, strapless with gold accessories. Her dark hair was down and curly as she liked to wear it. My god she was beautiful. Beyond beautiful even. I cursed myself. I should've told her the truth. About the real reason I had to leave. I couldn't let her be in danger for my selfish reasons. I loved her. I love her. And that's why I left.