TWENTY FIVE

"Arya stop it!"

Sansa's shrill tone rang louder than any boisterous lord's laughter in the hall. She had been sitting near Will Hart, smiling and laughing daintily until Arya had decided that the feast had become a little too boring for the mischievous girl's tastes.

She'd taken some of the greasy cooked meat and shoved a big handful down her sisters freshly sewn dress.

The deed had not gone down well with Sansa but the boy had seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. His once bored, polite smile had transformed into a fully blown grin which stretched ear to ear that he had tried to conceal under a fresh piece of cloth.

"Are you alright my lady?" Will asked out of duty, visibly trying very hard not to burst into a fit of laughter that Arya had already found herself in.

From across the table the two shared a grin, not knowing their paths would eve cross again.

***

Thankfully the roads were fairly steady and the unlikely trio trotted along, Edgar was cracking some terrible jokes but Arya was in such a good mood, she even giggled slightly at some despite Will rolling his eyes at every syllable coming from his annoying brother's mouth.

"Seven hells!"

They all stopped and Will and Arya looked at Edgar who had exclaimed. His hands were thrown in the air and he was smiling, not smirking in his usual manner but genuinely smiling.

"What?" Asked the pair simultaneously.

"Look!" He exclaimed, wildly waving his arms around, "It's bloody snowing!"

They looked towards the sky and indeed, there were small flakes of the delicate white snow pirouetting from the baby blue sky. The shimmering pieces floated gently and landed softly and innocently on the heads and shoulders of the travellers who stared in surprised awe.

Arya for of her horse alongside Will and as if in a trance, gazed towards the bright, crisp sky. Will copied her actions, taking in the beautiful scenery whilst closing his eyes and breathing in the air that was now the North.

He looked at Arya and they both started grinning, the snow started falling much heavier and there was a thick layer of snow accumulating around their feet. 

Suddenly Will felt a sudden sting of cold when something wet and freezing collided with his cheek. He clutched it at staggered around coming face to face with a grinning Arya holding a snow ball guiltily in one hand.

Will laughed, "Oh, you're on."

He grabbed a pile of snow at threw it back at Arya who threw hers in return, both making contact with skin. He ran after the girl causing her to shriek and grab for more snow which she just picked up as Will cam near her. She smushed it into his face and laughed loudly at his contorted facial expression as he writhed and wiggled away from the unpleasant sensation.

He picked her up and she screamed slightly, still laughing uncontrollably. He dropped her in a tall pile of snow which she rolled around in laughing and complaining. Lying in her back she threw some more snow which Will ducked away from but still caught him.

As they both giggled, Arya still out of breath on the floor, Will could see himself happy for the first time in a while, as their laughter died down Will stared at her stormy grey eyes.

She spoke up, "Will, I-"

"Guys!"

Edgar's voice was loud from about thirty metres away from them. They followed his voice to see him peering over a ledge at something in the distance. He looked back at the pair and smiled, "your'e going to want to see this." He said happily.

They walked over and looked.

Arya gasped in delight and Will smiled, there in all its glory lay Winterfell. Beautiful and a strak contrast to the piling blankets of snow surrounding the area.

"Welcome Home Arya Stark, we made it." Said Will.

Edgar said nothing.

**

If she was a year younger Sansa would have wished for a new dress or a nice handsome boy to marry but now all Sansa wanted was to be free if this hell she was living in.

Her face was red, her eyes bloodshot and dried tears marked her porcelain cheeks. She was bent over, twiddling  a pretty rose in the hands as she avoided anyone's gaze.

Of course, no one sat with her. No one want to be seen associating with the daughter of a disgraced man beheaded for treason. No, but everyone was talking about her. They all whispered and even hunched over, she felt the eyes of deceitful liars burrow through her flesh as intensely as she had felt King Joffrey's power over her as she had lain in the floor helpless as her beloved husband abused her like some rag doll to play with and be discarded.

So naturally, Sansa was shocked when she felt someone sit beside her. It was a boy, around 16 years old. Tall and handsome with a certain attitude that screamed he was better looking than anyone in this area and he knew it.

He didn't look straight at her but spiked slowly, "Praying?" He asked, "My lady?" He added the last bit in an almost sarcastic tone, flipping is brown hair. 

"No my lord." She said, fighting to keep her voice steady avoiding eye contact at all costs. The last thing she needed was to talk to some liar who just wanted her to prove she was just as treasonous as her father was.

"You have friends Sansa, I knew your father. Eddard  was a good man."

Sansa looked at the boy shocked , "who are you?"

"I'm Edgar Hart but that's besides the point, I want you out of her. You don't belong in this place and you certainly don't deserve the treatment this insane boy king is giving you."

Sansa was a little confused but a little hope blossomed in her chest. It was likely he was being truthful, otherwise he never would have spoken good about her father, a man charged with treason of the highest treachery and insult a king that wouldn't hesitate to drop anyone at the head, even if it were just for the fun of it.

"Why do you want to help me?" She whispered nervously, trying to not seem so obviously flustered in front of probably a million spies form various people. 

"Your father did me a favour and he was a good man and you're too young to be locked up in this shithole."

"It's hard to find good people these days."

Edgar nodded sadly, "It is." He agreed nodding, "Nowadays good mean aren't appreciated. I mean look at your father, all he was trying to do was the right thing and they cut his head of for it."