Freudian

"Did you finally find your handcuffs, Danny?" Mary asked casually during Sunday dinner.
"Yeah. They were under the bed." Danny responded, focusing on the piece of meat he was busy cutting.
"Freudian," Jamie coughed into his fist.
"Freudian?" He repeated, not sure how that related to the subject at hand.
"Sigmund Freud?" Joe half smiled, raising an eyebrow.
"Oh..." the newly appointed third grade detective nodded and furrowed his brow.
"Freudian is a term that refers to the psychoanalysis that Freud coined," Erin explained, leaving something out.
"That doesn't answer my confusion."
"Danny, Freud studied psychoanalysis, particularly the aspect- or rather, the importance of sexuality in human behavior." Linda explained, enunciating particularly.
"Oh... so he's the one we can thank for BDSM?"
Linda hid her face in her hand, "I don't think so, Danny."
"This is the Sunday dinner table," Frank said, wanting to get away from a undoubtably awkward subject.
"We're all consenting adults," Joe answered, "well, except for Nicky."
"Do you know what we're talking about?" Erin's husband, Jack, wondered.
"Somun name Freud." Nicky wrinkled her nose.
"And you can ask your Uncle over there about BDSM."
"Hey, don't knock it till you try it," Linda frowned, appalled at herself, "I really just admitted to practicing it, didn't I?" Her face flushed red.
"Yeah," Erin muttered, keeping her eyes on her potatoes.
"What is it, exactly? Isn't it a fetish? What's a fetish?" Nicky looked to her parents.
"Pass the peas," Frank said, signaling for everyone to drop the subject.
*******
"I can totally see you practicing BDSM," Joe stated, sitting at the island with his chin resting on his fist. "The big, macho, doministic man that you are."
"Shut up, Joe," Danny answered, handing a clean glass to Linda.
"Yes, please," the blonde put the glass in the cabinet.
"Oh, come on, we're all adults here," Joe complained.
"And as a law-abiding adult citizen, I am exercising my right to plead the fifth."
Joe shook his head, "you're no fun, Blondie." Every once in a while, he would call his sister-in-law 'blondie'. No knew if it was a crack about her dyed hair, or just a regular nickname like 'Joey'.
"Is that a hair crack, Joey?"
"Imma plead the fifth this time."
"Wise choice," Danny dried his hands on the dish towel. "Three questions you never ask a woman: how old are you? Is that your real hair color? And are you pregnant?"
"You speak from experience?"
"Unfortunately...,"
Joe laughed, "who wasn't really pregnant?"
"I don't remember. But you gotta word 'are you pregnant' very delicately."
"Unless it's your wife." Linda glared at him.
"I was delicate!"
"Yeah, saying, 'holy shit, Linda! You mean one-a the little devils finally did the trick?' is not exactly my idea of delicate." Linda smiled when Joe laughed.
"I didn't call you fat."
"That's true..."
"You guts are majorly weird.... especially since you're into bondage." Joe shook his head once again.
Danny looked at Linda for a brief moment before both of them were lightly hitting and tickling Joe.
"Daaad! Danny and Linda are assisting me!"
In the other room, Frank sighed heavily.
"It was your idea to more than one," Mary raised an eyebrow at her husband.
Erin laughed out loud, "yeah, Dad!"