two: him

Present…

     The boys and I are at an All Time Low concert waiting for the opening act. The All Time Low boys gladly gave us free tickets to see them live. I still can’t believe this is a happening a few years ago the boys and I wanted to work with them. Now, they have help us write some songs on our albums. It has been a few months since they released me from the hospital and diagnosed me selective amnesia.

Few months ago…

     The girl ran out into the hall and Ashton ran after her. “Um, will she be okay?” I asked. Mikey and Luke looked at each other with uncertainty. “Who was she anyway?” trying to get their attention once again. Luke opened his mouth. “You don’t have to worry about her,” Ashton interrupted. The two Aussie boys looked at him confused. He whispered something thing inaudible for me to hear. I didn’t want to ask because it might have seem rude.

     They looked like they were arguing. “Guys, hey!” I yelled getting their attention. “Don’t mean to bother but when do you think I can get out of this hospital?” I asked trying to change the subject so they can stop arguing. They looked at one another not knowing the answer. Luke went out and got the doctor.

     “Good afternoon Mr. Hood. Good to see that you are awake,” the doctor stated.

     “How long was I out?” I asked.

    “You were out for about a week and half. We are just going to run some tests and see if you are healthy. You need to stay the night so we can make sure nothing is wrong with you. But if everything seems okay tonight, you are allowed to leave tomorrow. I don’t mean to push you, Mr. Hood. However, we all are dying to know what do you remember?” 

    I tried looking through my brain to see what I can remember. But everything was foggy. “I only remember going on stage in the Airlines Arena performing and that’s it,” I stated. He nodded.

     “Do you remember anything from when you were young?”

     “I remember meeting a girl when I was like six years old and going on adventures with her but like I don’t remember what she looks like. Is she important?” asking directly to the boys.

     They were hesitant to answer. “Not really, she doesn’t really play an important role in your life?” Michael stated but it came out as a question. Both of the boys nodded in agreement so I let it go. The doctor also nodded in understanding. “So just rest up and you can get out of here tomorrow.”

End of Flashback…

     All the lights went out and all the dedicated fans started to scream at the top of their lungs. There was a spotlight on the female pianist playing a calming piano intro. Then came another spotlight to the female lead singer. The lyrics were flowing out of her lip like a graceful river.

     “Full of despair inside a darkness

     Self conscious and scared, held prisoner of war

     Running out of air, buried in a sadness

     Want a way out of this paralyzing world

     And the sound of the cries when a family's loved one dies

     It echoes through a vacant room where a young soul still resides”

     Another spotlight was added to female guitarists and male bassists strumming their strings to delicately. 

     “When the night is cold and you feel like no-one knows

     what it's like to be the only one buried in this hole”

Then came the spotlight on the drummer. 

     “You can make it to the sunrise.

     (Woah. Woah. Woah)

     You can make it to the sunrise.

     (Woah. Woah. Woah.)” 

     She is the same girl that ran out of my room a few months ago. Finally the song was done. Honestly that was a really amazing song. “HELLO SYDNEY!” yelled the guitarists in the microphone. The crowd yelled back at her. She chuckled. “You guys look so beautiful and handsome tonight!” stated the pianist. I already love this band. “Why don’t we introduce ourselves? Hi guys, I’m James!” waves the male bassists. “I’m Nour,” smiled the singer. “I’m the amazing Brooke,” the female pianist. “The names Karianne and I’m single,” she winked at the crowd.

     “I’m Diane and we are Broken, Not Forgotten." 

Goal: 5 comments, 10 votes