eight: her

Turning around, there was Kellin and Katelynn Quinn coming towards me. Then I remember who she was. I put the Copeland down and she ran to them. That must be her parents. They hugged her really tight. They checked her and made sure she was okay. I smiled and was about to walk away when there was a hug on my leg. Looking down I saw Copeland hugging my leg. Once she released my leg, I picked her up and gave her tight hug.

     “Thank you so much for finding her,” Kellin and his wife came over.

      “It’s no problem,” I smiled.

    “Hey, aren’t you that girl who sang with us at Warped Tour. Alex? You are in that band that opened up for All Time Low.” he asked.

      I totally forgot, I never really told him the real story. “Yeah, I’m actually on vacation for a month. Also, my real name is Diane. It’s a long story,” I stated. He nodded in understanding.

     “Oh by the way this is my wife Katelynn,” he introduced her. Smiling at her.

     “It’s nice to meet you.” In all honesty she looks old. However, I still like them together. They are cute together and they made Copeland so yeah. “Come on Copeland, Diane must be tired right now,” Kellin reaching for her adorable daughter. Instead of her letting go, she held on tighter. Chuckling, I rubbed her back.

      “Copeland your dad wants you come on,” patting her back. She just shook her head and buried it in my neck. Giving an apologizing look to the parents and idea popped in my head. “Copeland, do you want to go home with me? We can drop off my stuff at home and then go for ice cream,” I stated. Right after that was said she nodded her head. “Okay, we can, if you let your parents know.”

     She wiggled out of my arms and slid to the floor. Then she walked over to her parents. I couldn’t really hear them but I looked for my car. Looking towards the exit, the crowd of girls were gone and so were the boys. Huh, I didn’t even notice that. Turning back to the small family,  Kellin was putting a small backpack on Copeland’s back. Kellin taking her hand walked over to me.

     “Are you sure? You don’t have to,” he asked worriedly. 

     Giving him a reassuring smile, I answered, “Its honestly no big deal. I feel like you guys haven’t been out on a date for a while so why not take her out. Also, if the boys want to come they can.”

     “We didn’t bring the boys because they still had school, they are with my parents back at the states.” 

     “Oh okay, well. I can take Copeland now and you two can get settled in the hotel and do whatever you would like. I’m just going to drop off my stuff at my house. Then I can take her to the park or get ice cream.”

     “Thank you, it has been a while since we have been together alone because I’m always on tour and we are always together with the kids. It is nice to go out on our own once in a while,” he smiled.

     “No problem. Come on Copeland, say by to mommy and daddy. Then we will go get ice cream,” I instructed her. She gave her hugs and farewells to her parents. Sticking my hand out for her to take, she took it. Walking out to the car taking me to the house, I helped her in the car.

     After getting her situated in the back, I also fix myself. “I am so sorry for taking so long,” I apologized to the driver. He just gave me a sweet smile and started to drive to my house. Once I reached my house, I unlocked the door and made sure Copeland came in first.

     The house seems empty. There was no sound at the house what so ever. Then I saw a sticky note on the mirror near the mirror. Picking up Copeland, I took the sticky note and read it 

    Hi sweetheart, I am so sorry that we aren’t here on the day of your return. We both got calls and we have to go on a busy trip for two weeks. We wish we were there for you now but this is really important. We will be back as soon as we can and we will call when we find the time. There is some money in the safe for two weeks if you run out of money. Don’t try to have a party when we are gone. We love you darling. – Love Mom and Dad 

     Letting out a sigh, I put the note on the table. “I guess it is just you and me Copeland today.”

A/N: This is basically a filler. I am so sorry but I just wanted to give you an update since it has been a month since my last one. I hope you like this one. 

5 comments, 30 votes