fourteen: her

I am currently on my living room couch waiting for Ashton to finish dressing. I let him borrow of my dads old clothes.  Hearing his heavy foot steps coming down the stairs, I stood up and put on my black vans. Once he was at the bottom of the stairs, my heart stopped. There he was wearing my dad's old black shirt that showed off his muscles. Has he been working out this past year? He was also wearing my dad's old black cargo shorts, along with his high top black converse. There was this weird churning in my stomach. What the hell am I feeling? 

     "Are you ready to go?" I asked, looking away from his well built structure. I heard him hum in response. Making sure I have my phone and wallet in my messenger bag, we exited the house. Ashton made his way to the car, while I locked the house. Pressing the unlock button of the car, Ashton and I got in, me in the driver's seat, while Ashton is in the seat next to me. Starting the car, I packed up from my parking lot and into the street. We just sat there in silence. Should I say something? 

     Slowly stopping at red light, I opened the compartment next to my seat. Finally finding the CD I wanted, I put it in the CD player and the tune of twenty one pilots came on. Yes, I still use CDs. Nodding to the beat of Josh's drumming, I heard some chuckling. Knowing it was Ashton laughing at me, I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out towards him. "I thought you didn't listen to rap?" he stated. 

     "I really don't classify this as rap, more like spoken word. However, there are a lot of other people who say it is rap. So, I guess so. I don't listen to rap but I would just listen to them. Something about their songs, the lyrics, the beat of the drums, the piano notes and Tyler's voice just sends a shiver down my spine," I stated proudly. Without looking at the boy next to me, I can tell he was smiling at my words. 

     "You sure are passionate about music," he stated. 

     "You already know I am. I guess that's the reason why I decided to join a band."

     "It actually surprised me during the All Time Low concert, I thought you would have played the guitar. I never knew you were able to play the drums."

     "I thought so too, I never saw myself as a girl to play the drums but the day I saw twenty on pilots live and held Josh up and felt the vibration of his drums on my hand, I decided I wanted to learn how to play the drums. At first, I didn't have rhythm. I sucked at it, at some point I wanted to quit but then I tried even harder and now I guess I can play drums." 

     "We should play together."

     "That would be fun. Maybe when you are done with all your interviews and in actual vacation," I smiled at him. Looking over at him, he gave me a smile that made my stomach churn once again. 

     This is the same feeling I had when I was in love with Calum. Could I possibly falling in love with Ashton? 

a/n: I am so sorry for another short chapter. I honestly have writer's block right now and i have like no motivation what so ever to right this book. So please don't hate me, I will find the motivation and try to make this chapter worth your while. Thank you again for supporting me through the first book and continue to support me through this book. I hope you continue to support me until the end. I love you guys 💋