Epilogue - Curiosity

Of course, as always, you have questions to which I have some answers, although, thankfully, not all. Otherwise, I would have no more questions of my own, which, for me, is the definition of boredom – which is a perfect segue for the questions I'll address at this time.

Q: What is your greatest fear since you do not need to fear death?

A: Looking back at all I once feared, I now see that so few were important. Yet I continue to live in fear of the future, of the unknown, the uncertainty of choices as I make them, and the mistakes I am certain to make in the future because of them. I fear all the ills that may yet befall me. And, yes, I still fear death and the possibility of that void ahead because, even once death ceased to be a certainty, there has never been a guarantee of eternity. Thus, even though I am the creator of your universe, the creator of you, in my heart, I still feel I am very much a mortal being.

But the greatest of my fears is boredom, which I spoke of above because that is the death of the mind and soul, as it was the death for so many who cut short the journey I continue with Mary at my side.

Q: What is the key to eternal life?

A: The opposite of boredom, that killer of all hope and desire. The need to know drives a hunger to be continuously more than I am at present, keeping me well clear of that death which is boredom. Paradoxically, I find that it is also fueled by the uncertainty that we fear and fight so hard to eliminate, but without which there would be no more questions to ask, only boredom and death.

What is this opposite of boredom, this force, driven by uncertainty, which keeps me asking: Who? Where? What? How? Why? What if?

A force with the power to carry me through eternity, to fuel the creation of your universe and others, for the imaginations of you each to create universes of your own: The key to eternity is:

CURIOSITY