epiloge

*listen to a thousand years by christina perri OR Once in a Lifetime by One Direction while reading*

The day of her funeral I put my best suit on. I looked in the mirror and left my room. I walked down the stairs and my family was there waiting for me.
"Hayes.. sweetie you ready?" my mom asked. I nodded.
we drove to the place where the funeral was being held. I walked in and I saw her... her lifeless body beautiful as ever in her favorite dress. I saw her mom and I walked over to her. I hugged without any words.
"hayes.. she loved you. Even before Taylor came along. Even watching her talk to Taylor, she didn't have that sparkle in her eye like she did with you" her mom said.
"I'm sorry for your loss" i said.
"honey, it wasn't just my loss... it was yours too" she hugged me again.

"and now i would like to ask Ally's dear friend Hayes to say a few words." Her mom spoke in the microphone after she said lovely things about her daughter.
I walked up to the podium and started talking.
"Ally was loved by many people. Including me. Whenever she smiled you were just put in a happier mood. If you were ever just having a bad day, Ally could cheer you up. She was a very forgiving person, and I am especially greatful for that. As many of you may know, Ally was my girlfriend and some people tried to tear us apart.. thats the thing though, if you love someone nothing can tear you apart. Even though she isn't physically here, I will always love her." I stepped down from the podium and took my seat.

*2 weeks later*
The house phone rang and my mom picked it up.
"Hayes it's Ally's mom" she told me. I took the phone from her hand.
"Hello?"
"Hi Hayes. I was going through Ally's room and I found somethings you might want." she said.
"can i come over now?" i asked.
"of course! i will see you shortly" she said.
"alright bye" i hung up. "I will be right back.
I walked next door and rang the doorbell. Her mom answered it.
"Come in" she smiled. I stepped in and on the floor was a medium sized box labeled hayes. She handed it to me.
"Thank you" i said.
"no problem" she patted me on the back. I walked back to my house. I went up to my room and looked through the box. There were many pictures of her that I would hang up in my room later. At the bottom there was a diary. I flipped to the first page and in little kid handwriting it said "Today Hayes and I went to school" the next page was also in little kid handwriting "I like Hayes but Hayes like Jordan." the next page looked like it was written recently because the hanwriting was much neater. it read "so today i found this old diary and today was also the day Hayes asked me out" and then next was "Hayes Grier... he did it again.. he cheated on me with Jordan" next it said "today was the day I told Hayes I loved him" that was written 2 days before she died.
"Ally, I love you too" I said aloud as if she could heat me.
"I love you more hayes" I swear I heard Ally's voice say.