Chapter 10

Every day Wei chooses different flowers to make another beautiful bouquet, and every time it takes longer than it should.

That's because they don't talk much about flowers anymore. The conversation tends to easily drift onto other subjects, whatever comes to mind becomes an interesting matter to discuss.

Normally if he spent so much time for one single bouquet the owner would have something to say, but Yunlan has become such a good customer that not only she doesn't complain but she even encourages Wei to be more talkative and kind.

She has her suspicions on Yunlan's intentions because there was one time when Wei was late for work and Yunlan had looked disappointed and said that he'd come back later... and he did. He had told her that he likes Wei's compositions of flowers but as a businesswoman she only smiled and praised his good taste: she doesn't really care about his motivations as long as he buys her flowers.

So every day Yunlan buys a new bouquet, spending as much time with Wei as possible, and starts talking more and more about himself.

He enjoys it all, how Wei smiles at him, how he listens to him, and every little comment is an excuse to talk more.

Seeing him basically every day, Yunlan has tried to learn as much as possible about Wei, they talk and talk and Yunlan has often asked him questions about what he likes, what he did in various circumstances, how he was in school, and many other matters.

He has enjoyed every bit of information, but it bothers him that Wei doesn't know him, so he starts talking about himself. He wants Wei to know him and like him.

Wei listens to him and he likes that a lot. He also likes the way he blushes. Yunlan is getting bolder now, he pays him compliments and even teases him a little from time to time.
Making him blush has become his favourite thing to do.

Every second with Shen Wei is a pleasure, and when he has to go home, he puts the new flowers in a vase and goes to his room to think back about him and their time together.

He's neither sad or confused anymore, he clearly knows now why no men or women pick his interest, he wants Shen Wei, it's all about him.

He doesn't see Hong much these days but she called him once to tell him that Yezun was doing her portrait. She sounded thrilled and he was ok with it.

Of course, it's more than ok, he's never been in love with her and there's no way he can marry her now.

He must talk to his father, and he must think of a way to win the argument that will surely follow.

He sinks his face in the pillow, thinking that maybe it's really time he grows up and thinks of his future.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yezun is having the time of his life, he hasn't yet finished her portrait and he's already thinking of the many more he wants to do.

She's like a muse, he has already many sketches of her, one where she smiles at him, one is full figure with her long skirt moving around her legs when she turns abruptly towards him, one where she blows him a kiss... and many many more he wants to do. There's just something about her round face that enchants him, he wants to see all the possible expressions that it can make.

She has told him everything about the engagement. They have been seeing each other every day, he goes to her house and they talk while he works on the portrait, it's the first time in his life that he asked, almost begged someone to pose for him.

When she explained to him her father's idea that she should marry Yunlan, he suddenly hugged her so tight that she gasped, then he whispered in her ear, "There's no way I'll let you marry that idiot," and he kissed her.