Chapter 3

The alarm clock is so loud, Yezun wakes up immediately and stops it with a grunt. Why did he set up an alarm clock in the first place!

He gets up and walks to the kitchen to make some breakfast. That damn clock, he should have slept more, he can’t stop yawning now, going to the club last night may have been one of his worse ideas ever, and he doesn't even know what happened yet. At least everything seems to be alright...

He warms up some milk and prepares something to eat when he hears a noise coming from the bedroom.

It's the second alarm clock, and the annoying sound keeps going until it's finally stopped.

Yezun shouts. "Wake up princess, the sun is shining already and breakfast is almost done," then he peaks inside the door and grins. "Better to put something on first, though."

Wei slowly opens his eyes. "Stop calling me that," he says. "And stop yelling, my head is killing me, and what do you mean I should put... YEZUN!"

Yezun appears with a cup of hot milk with honey and hands it to his brother.

"I’m naked! Why am I naked? I never sleep naked!" Wei is out of his comfort zone, his head aches and he doesn't have the faintest idea of what is happening.

"How should I know?" Yezun answers, a bit resentful that Wei might accuse him of something he didn't do.
"You disappeared on me, I looked everywhere for you then I came home and you were here, sleeping like nothing happened, looking so blissful I didn't have the heart to wake you. What did you do last night?"

Then Yezun thinks about it and forgets the resentment in favour of teasing his brother, and he adds with a smirk, "Or who? There must be a reason if you're naked."

Wei's head is hurting too much to reply as he'd like to, so he lets it go for now and tries to concentrate on the most important thing. "I... I don’t remember much, I think we went to the club right?"

Yezun laughs. "That’s all you remember? Not much indeed brother. We went together but I got distracted for a few minutes and I lost you. You gave me quite a scare, you know."

Wei takes the cup offered to him and drinks a bit before giving it back.
"I need a shower, I feel awful. Did I drink last night?"

Yezun laughs again and teases him. "Last time I saw you, you weren't doing anything, you were still wailing about Chang."

Wei enters the bathroom to shower. "Who? and I wasn’t wailing!"

Yezun stops laughing and now he's looking at him seriously. "You don’t remember Chang? Your ex-boyfriend?"

Wei's head is now under the cool water so Yezun can't see his face clearly, and simply waits for an answer. Wei stills, letting the cold water clear his mind, then after a while he turns off the water and says in a low voice, "Oh, Chang, yes, I remember him."

"That’s it? Just 'oh'?"
Yezun is very surprised, he has left everything to come to his brother feeling that he needed his company after finding himself all alone all of a sudden, and after a whole day of brooding over what he did wrong and why did Chang leave him, the only thing he gets this morning is a 'oh'?

What just happened last night??

Yezun's voice sounds so close that Wei opens his eyes and turns around. He sees his brother right there and yells. "YEZUN! GO OUT WHILE I SHOWER!"

Yezun runs back to the kitchen and waits until his brother comes back wearing a pair of sweatpants, drying his hair with a towel.

"You really don't remember anything?"

"No, nothing, maybe it'll come back to me?"

Yezun makes a face, clearly doubting that it'll ever happen. Wei grunts in dismay then looks at his brother. "How long are you staying?"

"Until I'm sure that you're ok," Yezun says matter-of-factly, as if it was obvious.

Actually, after the initial shock at finding himself all alone again, Wei now feels quite alright, he treasures Yezun's company much more than Chang's but he doesn't want to admit that he's already ok or Yezun will leave, so he smiles fondly at his brother and says nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been five days, but it felt like five months to Yunlan. He keeps thinking about it, sometimes he finds himself in front of that door without realising that he has been walking in that direction.

Why can't he forget about it, after all it was nothing more than a few kisses... but Yunlan knows that's not true, it's not about one kiss, it's about an angelic face and the unexpected way his body reacted to his kiss.

Since when is he attracted to men? These last few days Yunlan has been secretly looking at other men in a different way, wondering if he's now attracted to them, but nothing. Not one of them has excited his imagination.

More than once he had to admit that a guy could be considered very handsome, but nothing more. Not his soul or his body were moved in any way.

Actually, more than a ‘wow he's handsome’ it always feels like a ‘ugh is he more handsome than me?’ kind of feeling, whenever he sees a good-looking guy.

Then what happened that night? Was it just him or was it because they kissed?

Yunlan has been wondering how it would feel to kiss someone else... but deep down he doesn't want just anybody. He wants to feel Yezun's kiss again.

His phone starts ringing, he looks at the screen and frowns. His father, of all people... he really doesn't want to talk to him, Yunlan could easily fight the world but with his father it's always the same thing, he turns back to all those years, growing up trying to impress him and failing, and he feels like a lonely little child again.

He sighs before answering the call and listens to his father's demands - he never asks, no, guys like him demand and people must obey.

Great, another meeting with Mr Zhu and his daughter. How can he get out of it? He thought he didn't want to get married before, but after that fateful night the thought is now even more horrifying.

There's really nothing to say to the old man other than agreeing to meet him and their guests that night, so he walks back home to get ready.