8. Clow's last wish

I could feel the wind blowing through my midnight blue hair. Around me, I could see nothing but stars. I looked down to find nothing but air, realizing that I was walking among the stars.

Another dream?

"Eriol Hiiragizawa." I turned around. In front of me was a man with braided hair.

Clow Reed.

I bowed down slightly. It seemed only right to do so.

"You must be Clow Reed."

The man bowed his head slightly.

"I am."

I looked at Clow. For some reason, he always seemed to remind me of myself.

It was then realization dawned upon me.

"Am I... you?" I asked softly.

"You already know the answer." He smiled his signature smile. The same one I saw when he was telling his two guardians that he was going to leave the world.

"But... I don't feel like you. I mean, I know that I'm you but..."

I was confused. I was Clow. But then again, I wasn't.

"You are you. With a bit of my... inheritance." He explained. "My recantation with your own soul."

I nodded, understanding slightly. Just then, I remembered something.

"Your wish... I promise that I would help you with that."

His smile seemed to widen, if that was even possible in the first place.

"Thank you. Eriol."
---------

I woke up, looking around at reality. Grabbing my glasses from nearby, I put them on quickly. I was lying on the sofa of Kaho's house. Beside me was a book. I had most probably fallen asleep while reading it.

Looking to my left, I saw Spinel sleeping as well, a book over his head. Smiling quietly at the sight, I grabbed my bag from nearby and started looking through the brown envelope. I still remembered father giving me an envelope once, one that was addressed to Clow Reed the second. He had told me to give that letter to the said person if I ever found him.

Apparently, he was writing a letter to me.

I opened the envelope containing the letter, pulling out its contents.

Dear Eriol,

If you are reading this right now, I'm sure that you have found out your true identity. When you had been born into this family, I immediately realized who you actually were. I knew that someday, you would have to leave to fulfill your destiny.

However, I didn't want that to happen too soon. You are my son all the same and I loved you too much to let you go. Thus, I kept you away from the world, hoping that you wouldn't develop your powers too quickly. I myself kept away, afraid that you would pick up on my magical powers. However, every night, I would check up on you when you are asleep, afraid that your destiny would take you away from me. However, I knew that you would have to leave someday.

I'm sorry Eriol, even though I am not going to beg for your forgiveness. I have no rights to do so. Wherever you are reading this, I wish you well. Accomplish your journey and stay safe.

With best regards,
Sairus Hiiragizawa

PS: mom knows nothing about this.

PPS: I would always love you.

Father had known. He had known all along.

I placed the precious piece of paper back into its own envelope, putting the entire thing into the even bigger brown envelope that held all of the letters he had sent me.

Father... I wish I could see him...

I felt a warmth in my pocket, reaching into it to feel something metallic.

The key.

"Release!" I said softly, turning the key into the magic staff it was.

"Hope!" I pulled out the card by instinct. The card glowed, a magical symbol appearing on the floor.

Clow's, no. My magic circle.

The circle of magic glowed, being replaced by some kind of image. I looked into it to see my father's study room, the said person sitting down on a chair while writing something.

Suddenly, father stiffened, looking straight at me through the magic circle.

"Eriol... you've learned." He smiled, the first smile I have seen coming from him in a while.

"I can't see you, my son. But I know that you're watching. Stay safe my son, stay safe..."

With that, the magic faded, leaving me staring at the floor once more.

Determination rushed through me.

I would accomplish Clow's last wish no matter what it took. I had to. For my father.

Dad, I love you too.