i don't feel so good [two]

[haha understand the reference?]

it's been a while since the black rocks have started popping up, and your worry only grew with them. for varian, it was his curiosity.

neither of you knew where these rocks had came from, or why they had suddenly started to pop up. varian's father had warned both of you to leave them alone, and you wished that you did ─ but varian had other plans. of course, he didn't listen to his father.

"varian, are you sure this is safe...?" you asked, standing in his lab, lightly poking the very sharp end of one of the rocks coming from the ground. you looked over at varian, who had been working on something that would get rid of these rocks, and he had told you many times before how safe it was, and he was just trying to fix things, but you couldn't help but feel uneasy whenever you were around these rocks.

they were so sharp, probably sharp enough to badly hurt someone. very badly. and you didn't want that to happen to anyone, especially varian. you had this gut feeling that something was going to happen soon, something bad.

"i've already told you, (y/n), everything will be oka─" he was saying, after accidentally spilling something on one of the rocks. your eyes glancing away from him, and at the rock a little too close to him, you noticed something happening that caused your eyes to widen.

"VARIAN!"

you reacted quickly, your quick reflexes always came in handy. you immediately rushed over as fast as you could and pushed varian away, maybe a little too hard as he tumbled and rolled away. he stopped and let out a light groan, a hand on his head, he opened his eyes.

"(y/n)?"

he glanced over at where he was pre previously standing, and his heart immediately got stuck in his throat. "(Y/N)!" he screeched, getting up from the ground and rushing over to your side. "no, no, (y/n)!"

the rock that he had poured his new made potion on had started to... grow, and become amber-like. as soon as you spotted this, and saw how close it was to varian as it quickly grew, you acted fast, pushing him out of the way.

"no, no, no, no! (y-y/n)!" varian panicked as the amber-like substance had already encased your arm, and was spreading further. he had no idea what to do, his father was out, and ─ and he could go to rapunzel! yeah, rapunzel could help! but... he didn't want to leave you behind, and he wasn't sure if there was enough time to get help.

"v-varian..." you were scared, watching as it started to trap more of your body. though, you didn't regret pushing varian out of the way. "i-i'll get rapunzel, she'll help!" varian spoke up, the idea popping into his head. your eyes widened, "w-wait, varian, don't leave!" you called desperately, but he didn't listen. you watched him rush out the door as you felt tears fall from your eyes.

you were just about to tell him something you've been meaning to tell him for a while now, but you never got the right chance. and now, you wish you had already told him, instead of waiting for when it was too late.

"(y-y/n)! r-rapunzel couldn't help, but that doesn't matter! i─" he cut himself off, he immediately froze. his face went pale, full of horror, seeing you fully encased in the rock. "n-no... no..." taking slow steps towards you, he then ran, tears streaming down his face. "NO!" he knew he shouldn't of left you alone.

he started hitting at the rock, as if he thought he could break it. but it wasn't working. "(y/n)! (y/n)! (Y/N)!!" he cried loudly, falling to his knees. as he continued to cried, he then wiped his eyes and stood up, looking at your sad face behind the amber. looking on the floor in front of you, he saw a piece of paper.

hesitantly picking it up, he read what was written.

the tears came back, as he scrunched up his hands into tight fists. "i tried to help you, but... rapunzel..." holding the paper in his hand, he looked at you, and gently placed a hand on the amber. "i promise you, i'll get to the bottom of this, i'll get you out of there. and i... i'll make them pay. they. will. pay."

saying that, he held the piece of paper tightly in his grip. which had three, simple quick words written on it.

"i love you."

ooor an alternative! [i didn't want to make this another part, because it was so similar]

"varian, are you hearing yourself right now?!"

varian was going on, even singing about how he'll make corona and rapunzel pay for betraying him. when really, in your opinion, they hadn't. though, he didn't realize that, being filled with rage.

"varian please─"
"no! (y/n), why don't you understand?!" he exclaimed, taking your hand in both of his, looking at you in the eyes. "they betrayed me, and now dad's gone! what doesn't make sense to you?!"

you didn't know what to say for a second, before closing your mouth and narrowing your eyes, pulling your hand away. "varian," you said sternly. "i know your dad's stuck in amber, but he's not gone! we can still save him─" you were saying, before being cut off by his stern voice.

"i know, that's exactly what i'm going to do. i'm going to get dad out of there by stealing the sundrop and make him proud." his expression, his tone of voice... what happened to him? he was changing, and you didn't want him to.

gently, you placed a hand on his shoulder, causing him to glance at your hand before looking at you and smile. though, you weren't doing what he thought. "i'm sorry varain, but you can't do this." his smile immediately fell, and you felt your heart fall along with it.

his expression turned into a nasty glare. "i thought you were the only one who understands me." your eyes widened, about to speak up again, although feeling intimidated by his sharp gaze, your breath hitched. he turned away and started walking towards the door, which you couldn't let him do.

"varain, wait─" you were saying, but just as you reached him
"no! i can't let you stop me!" shouting at you, he quickly turned around just as you were about to put your hand on his shoulder, and he pushed you roughly. a little too roughly.

you stumbled back, trying to catch your balance. but just as you were about to... you felt a sharp pain in your back and chest. slowly lowering your head, you saw the point of one of the black rocks... which had impaled you.

"(y-y/n)...?"

varian's menacing glare immediately disappeared, as his eyes widened and his lip quivered. he hadn't meant to push you that hard, and he didn't realize how many rocks there were in his house. how dangerous it really had been to be fighting like this. he realized it now, though.

"v-varian..." your voice was quiet, full of pain. you kept your gaze on the rock stabbing your back and through your chest, feeling tears form in your eyes. you didn't think that varian would ever hurt you, especially this badly... after accidentally hurting you once before when he messed up one of his inventions, he promised never to hurt you again.

looks like he broke, no, shattered that promise.

"(y-y/n)..." slowly walking towards you, his legs weak, tears streamed down his face. he hadn't meant to do this, he didn't mean to hurt you in any way. but... he did, and it wasn't just a tiny cut like last time, this wasn't something that would just disappear in time. you couldn't put a band aid on this cut.

"i-i..." he struggled with his words, continuing to cry.

he didn't mean to do this, right? he would never hurt you on purpose, last time was an accident too, and even though it was small he kept on apologizing over and over again. and now, he was full on sobbing... "i-i'm sorry, i-i..." he fell to his knees, a pool of blood forming beneath you.

you struggled to get any words out, choking on your own blood. you wanted to at least tell him, how much you loved him. you wished that you had already told him long ago, then maybe it wouldn't have turned out like this. so... painful...

"i-i love... you... va..."

hearing your weak voice, he lifted his head and wiped his tears. he then quickly got up from his knees, face full of panic. "n-no! (y/n), please! please, don't leave me! PLEASE!" he begged, as if you could somehow come out from this alive. though, you knew that was impossible.

you gave him a weak, tear-stained smile, feeling your life slip away. you managed to get three last words out as he pulled you off the rock and held you close, rocking back and forth. his tears falling from his eyes onto your face.

"i love you..."

haHA ANGST-