Chapter Nine - Watch What You Say

I was currently lying on a hospital bed.

My vision was blurry, but it was getting better each second. When I went to sit up, I felt a hand gently push me back down. I looked over to see my sister.

"How're you feeling?" AJ asked.

"Good, I guess. What happened?" I asked, my voice sounding raspy.

"You fainted. The doctor said you had some sort of panic attack."

"Shit. Will I be okay to wrestle?"

"Yes, but there's just one problem. You're gonna get panic attacks more often. The doctors don't know when, though. They could come out of no where and that kind of thing can hurt your career. I mean, you don't want to faint in front of thousands of people."

"But I can't stop wrestling! I just got here and I'm doing so good! Wrestling has always been our dream growing up and I can't let it go when I just got here."

"I know, Mia. I'll talk to Hunter and Stephanie and we'll see what they say. For now, just take it easy. I love you."

"I love you, too, AJ." I said.

"Oh, and one more thing." AJ said before getting up.

"Yeah?"

"Roman is here. He wants to talk to you. Please just talk to him." She pleaded. I sighed and said, "Fine. I'll talk to him."

"Great! I'll call him in and give you guys some privacy." She said, getting up and leaving the room. I was now alone, but just for a little while.

I looked at the blank white sheets that covered my body. My hospital dress which had little flower designs on it. The room, of course, smelled like a hospital. My hair was put back in a fishtail braid. Hmph, AJ must have done it. She always loves to braid my hair, I thought. I smiled to myself.

The thought of giving up on my career came back to my head and my eyes instantly filled up with tears. I can't give up on my career because of some stupid panic attack. I just can't. Hunter and Stephanie can't make me, can they?

A knock on the door inturrupted my thoughts. I quickly wiped the tears away as best as I could and I folded my hands in my lap. "Come in." I said quietly. The door opened and Roman walked in. He walked over and sat in the chair next to my bed.

I knew he was looking at me to try and make my eyes meet his but I kept looking at my hands. I couldn't meet his gaze after what he had said to me.

"Maybe it's because I don't want to kiss you!" Flashed through my mind over and over while me and Roman were sitting in my room with an awkward silence. I didn't know what to say to him. I didn't even want to say anything to him. If he was waiting for me to speak first, then he would be waiting for a long time.

"Mia, look, I'm sorry for what I said to you. I didn't mean for it to slip out of my mouth. You don't understand how bad I feel." Roman stated.

"Yeah, sure." Was all I could say.

"Mia, come on. I'm trying."

"Well maybe I don't want you to try." I said.

"Mia, you can't be serious right now. I came all the way here just to have you say these things when I'm trying to fix what we had."

"What we had?!" I started, my voice raising up. "We had nothing! Apparently to you we had nothing!What you said changed everything between us!"

At this point, I was getting ready to cry.

"We did have something. We had each other, Mia. I had you and you had me. I didn't mean to say such a thing to you but I was just upset. I say things that I don't mean when I'm upset."

"Well maybe you should watch what you say." I said.

"Maybe you should stop acting like such a bitch." Roman said.

I looked at him right in the eyes. "Visiting hours are over." I said coldly.

"Mia-"

"I said visiting hours are over. I'll have the doctors get police if you don't leave."

And with that, he walked out, shutting the door behind him. I laid back down and turned on my side, letting the tears fall from my eyes.