Chapter Three

Phil's POV

I stopped running as I got to the edge of the crowd of people surrounding the bonfire. My head turns slowly to the side to see if Dan was following me down.

"Come on Dan!" I called out with a laugh as he walked down the hill slowly. He grinned at me and picked up into a gentle jog down the rest of the way to me.

We were both chuckling when he got to me and I smiled happily "Here at last!" I teased and he gently shoved me on the shoulder. "Ssh!" He replied with a laugh.

Due to my lack of balance when he nudged me, I stumbled back as I tried to remain upright.

A wave of panic flashed over Dan's face as he saw me almost falling over. His hands quickly grabbed mine and pulled me close to him.

The smell of his aftershave filled my nose and made me feel safe in his arms. I movee closer into him absorbing the warmth of his body. I was totally unaware of anything at that moment. I never wanted to move out his arms.

Dan's POV

Phil moved into me and for a moment or two I just stood there holding onto his upper arms. I had just not wanted him to fall. I wasnt trying to force him into a hug.

But there we were stood infront of the flaming bonfire, hugging close to each other. We stayed there in total silence while the crowds of people spoke around us. Eventually I decided to speak in a quiet voice to him.

"You ok Phil?" I whispered.

"Yes Dan. Im perfect." He replied.