Chapter 18

Callisto Point of View

Marry for Love?

Just three words from her and I wanted to bang my head to the nearby wall. I was so embarrassed. I mean, I'm not dying to see her in a wedding gown and push a ring through her finger. I am not ready to even have that nightmare.

And the first time I thought her devotion for me was favorable in my account, she had to mortify me with those three words 'Marry for Love'.

What am I then?

Do I marry for fun?

I am a Mafia don, for goodness sake! I am supposed to be feared off. People should be shivering with just the mention of my names. Look where my life got me; Today, I, the mafia don, is afraid of someone's devotion. For the first time, I gave my close friends and family a reason to laugh at me.

But it doesn't mean I'm a softie. No, I am not.

I tried scaring her. But it backfired when she thought I'm not pleased with her and her prayers for me increased to another level.

I tried tricking her. But she proved to be a crossbreed of a trickster and an Evil. Every trick I played, she very innocently solved it and at the end of the day, I found several candles and flowers at my feet.

I tried talking out smoothly with her. But the cactus girl thought I was being very happy with her worship so she made a heavy garland for me and the whole night I was blessed with a headache thanks to her carols.

One thing I understood is, she is dangerous. They are dangerous. The two White sisters are very dangerous. They need no guns, no knives, no armors to kill. They are blessed with an impeccable skill of killing people just so naturally by talking to them.

One will be in danger if they are scared or they are happy or they are angry. No matter what mood they display, it is the other person that experiences hell.

The moment when I heard the Queen's suggestion of getting married to that death-note, I wanted to strangle her with my own hands. I would have if she was any ordinary person. The title attached to her name saved her from my wrath.

But what was very surprising was the royal couple took a liking towards Cuckoo. They went as far as to regret not having a second son to marry him off to her.

Like seriously?

Unmarried, she is a typhoon; If married, she will be an alien invasion.

"My Lord, are you really thinking to marry me?" She asked when she finally settled down on the chair beside me.

Uncle Odell and the royal couple refused to leave me alone unless we decide on something about the matter while the death-note just loves to stay around me and kill me every passing second.

Should I just put a bullet inside her head and end the misery once and for all?

Demyan once said that he had the same thought several times but somehow realized that Zinnia was deadly than a bullet. He also said that no bullet or a bomb can hurt her.

Is that the same case with Cuckoo too?

What if I just shoot her in the night when she is sleeping and before her body comes back to life with the White supernatural powers they have, I can microwave the body to ruins.

Woah! Just the thought is enough to give me a dreamless peaceful sleep.

"No. I don't want to marry you at all. This was their idea. I actually don't like you enough to marry you. You give me a headache whenever you appear and just a mere thought about you makes me suicidal. So, No I do not, will not ever, marry you even in next hundred lives." I finally blurted it out and took a deep breath of relief.