Chocolate Cereal

"Morning," I greeted Hunter.

I stood, leaning against his door as I waited for him to finish drying his hair with a towel. He'd just been in the shower.

"Hi. You didn't go down for breakfast yet?" he asked.

My hands went down to the red plaid shirt I wore around my waist, and tightened the knot. I always did that.

I shook my head. "Thought I'd wait for you. Or at least a familiar face."

"You don't need to be afraid, you know? Nobody's gonna hurt you here," he reassured me.

"I know, I know," I nodded. "It's just... new... to me."

He nodded. "I get it. You just left home, you need some time to trust new people."

He then wore his leather jacket, which still contained the money, over his grey v-neck and dark jeans.

"Right."

Hunter got off his bed and walked towards me. "Come on. I'm starvin'."

__________

Today's crowd was a lot smaller than yesterday. I could see Lance and Roger among the familiar faces. But, I didn't see Elena or Michelle.

"Where'd everyone go?" I asked.

"It's Monday. They went go make some money," Hunter replied.

"Oh." Idiot. I should've known that.

We walked into the kitchen. The food was a lot less than yesterday, too. Some toasted bread, butter and jam, and a bowl of chocolate flavoured cereal.

I grabbed the bread, while Hunter went for the cereal.

"Chocolate cereal?" I asked, "Really?"

"Hey!" he said defensively, "Don't mock it until you've tried it."

I nodded. "I have, actually. Not it's biggest fan."

"That's cause you haven't had cereal at our club. Try some."

"No."

Clearly ignoring me, he took a spoon from the drawer and dipped it in cereal. "Open wide, Hayden."

I shook my head. "But I don't like cereal."

"You will like this one. Trust me."

"Fine." I opened my mouth, as he fed me the chocolate cereal. It was... surprisingly good.

Oh, who am I kidding? It was heavenly.

Hunter questioned, "So, how was it? Did you like it?"

Not wanting him to get all smug, I said, "It was okay."

"Liar. I can see it in your eyes. You want more, don't you?" The smug, satisfied grin he always had took over his face once again.

"Um..."

Damn it. That tasted so good! I mean, who knew chocolate cereal would make me feel so happy?! I'd give anything to have a bowl full of it every morning!