The Road Killers

I pulled over in front of a huge wooden building. It was a nice place, not at all what I was expecting to be the Road Killers' hangout spot. It had two floors- ground and one storey. It looked inviting yet lethal at the same time.

But that was just because of the crazy amount of motorcycles parked in front of it. Honestly, it was hard to find a spot to pull over in.

"Okay, nice and easy," I sang as I helped Hunter get off the bike. He really had been hurt more dangerously before because the blood stain had gotten bigger but he was still able to hold himself together.

I wrapped his arm over my shoulder as I supported him as we walked towards the door. He tried to walk on his own without my help but failed miserably. "Hunter!" I yanked his arm, making sure he leaned on me as I held on to him. "Okay, step." I added, "Anyone I should call for? I don't really see anyone here."

"It's the middle of the night, Hayden," he spat, "And nobody actually stays here. If anyone did, they're asleep."

"I can scream," I shrugged.

He thought who would be over here at this time. Then he said, "Try 'Roger'."

I took a deep breath. "Cover your ears." Hunter did as I said. "ROGER!" I screamed, making sure my voice reached upstairs.

We waited for a minute. "Figures. He's a heavy sleeper. Try 'Lance'. He should be here and he's basically a night owl."

"Okay. You know the drill." He nodded and covered his ears. "LANCE!" I was pretty sure he heard me. I was really loud. Even if he didn't, someone must have.

Suddenly, a guy came rushing down the stairs, so fast it seemed like someone fast forwarded him running.

"What the hell?" he asked, looking at Hunter, then at me.

"A little help, Lance?" Hunter gestured to his side.

Lance glanced at Hunter, then jumped upon noticing the blood. "Good Lord! Come with me!" He took Hunter off me and took him inside.

"That's Hayden, by the way. Be nice to her. Without her, I'd be dead," Hunter looked back at me, gesturing to keep the money hidden.

I gave him a thumbs-up, assuring him that I would keep his secret.

"Hey," Lance said, as he laid Hunter on a couch. "Wait here with him, I'll get help."

I nodded as I walked over to Hunter. He took deep breaths as he took off my jacket from his stab wound.

"What do I do with your money?" I whispered in the lowest voice I could use, but making it loud enough for him to hear me.

"Just keep it in that pocket," he said.

I hissed back at him, "But what if someone asks for your jacket! I don't own it!"

He shook his head. "No one will. Nobody here has the nerve to touch my leather."

I raised my eyebrows. "Really?"

"I'M BACK!" Lance announced as he got down the stairs, with three more people. Two guys and one girl.

One of the guys had that leader vibe about them. I'm guessing that's the boss Hunter was talking about. He was huge, with black spiky hair and the typical biker stereotype. But he seemed friendly, not scary.

The other guy came with a medical kit. So he's the one who went to med school. This guy was nothing like I had expected. He was wearing simple kiddy pyjamas and had close cropped light brown hair. He really panicked when he analysed Hunter.