Though Erin had to admit that she was more than a little surprised at Ethan's reaction. Though he tried so hard to act as though he was unaffected by her nudity, there was no mistaking the bulge in his pants, nor the way his gaze had lingered over her body. Ethan Lachlan wanted her and the knowledge caused her heart to soar, though why she should be elated completely eluded her.

"I wonder..." He murmured, so close now Erin could feel the warmth of his breath fan over her skin, eliciting goose pimples all over. He raised his free hand and brushed her cheek, his touch so light yet igniting fires within her.

Erin bit the inside of her lips hard, breaking the delicate skin as she fought to stifle the moan threatening to escape. She took another step back.

The back of her knees brushed the edge of the sofa and Erin realized with a jolt that she was well and truly trapped. Escape was no longer an option and it was her own damned fault.

"Ethan...." She began, breaking off, hating how husky her voice sounded.

Judging from the way the feral grin widened, Erin knew Ethan had noticed her situation too.

"Yes?" he asked, eyebrows raised in mock question. He brushed her cheek once more and she gasped this time. "What do you want Erin? This?"

He dropped the towel, the material falling to the ground unheeded as his arms encircled her waist and pulled her against him. Up close, her hands brushed against his hardness and she blushed, dropping her hands in a hurry. Ethan chuckled, pulling her even closer till there was barely a hair's breadth between them. She panicked, placing her hands between them and pushing away. Ethan caught her hands in one of his, his intent clearly written in his piercing blue gaze.

"Isn't this what you want Erin?" He murmured, his mouth inching closer to hers with each second. "This is why you challenged me, isn't it?"

She opened her mouth to reply in the negative, but Ethan closed the distance between them, his mouth taking hers in a searing kiss.

All rational thought fled from Erin's mind the minute Ethan's mouth touched hers. Unlike most romantic kisses, this one was of pure and utter lust, the bold thrust of his tongue in her mouth, seeking and taking, demanding a response from her. The hand encircling her waist crushed her to him till she could feel every single inch of his arousal pressed against her. At first she struggled, unwilling to let herself be caught under his spell again, knowing he would use that weakness to mock her.

Then the kiss softened, hard and demanding changing to soft and exploratory and Erin felt her resolve melt like ice before a fire. She moaned and kissed him back, arching her body against his, no longer able to deny the desire raging in her. Ethan let go of her hands and she slipped them around his neck, fingers tangling in his silky hair, their tongues dancing together in a silent melody of desire.

**

Sensing her surrender, Ethan's hands roamed all over the delicious curves of her body, forcing himself to gain some measure of control and the almost overwhelming need to take Erin. She was like a frightened animal, tentatively giving herself to him. Push too hard, she would panic and God knew he didn't want that.

She moved against him, her thigh brushing against his erection and Ethan groaned out loud. He let go of her hands and immediately felt them curl around his neck, stroking the nape of his neck. Taking that as encouragement, he broke the kiss, her moan of protest changing swiftly to a gasp of pleasure/surprise when his warm mouth closed over one painfully erect nipple.

"Oh God!" Erin moaned, arching back, offering more of her swollen flesh to him.

He obliged, taking the flesh deeper into his mouth while his other hands tweaked and squeezed at the other, then began to blaze a trail down over her flat stomach, heading south.