Annabeth Proves That She Actually Has A Brain

Annabeth walked past campers who glared at her as she made her way to Canoe Lake. The place was her haven from all the glares and hatred of her fellow demigods, even if the naiads were wary of her. She felt so utterly pathetic. How could she succumb to some idiot's potion. She wanted to laugh at her willpower. She already went to Tartarus and back. Did her willpower crumble back then? She didn't think so. So why did it fail her then? Why then of all times?

"I'm so sorry, Percy..." She mumbled. She was sitting down, burying her face in between her legs. "I'm so, so sorry..."

A comforting presence made me forget all her troubles. She inhaled his scent. He smelled of salt and beach water. "What's wrong?" He asked, his voice giving her a sense of belonging. She felt safe. She didn't feel like an outcast. Whenever she was around him, she felt perfect. (As cliche as that sounds)

"Percy..." Annabeth spoke as if caught in an enchantment. "You're really here..."

Percy smiled that goofy smile of his that grated Annabeth's nerves at first but as time passed by slowly became endearing and became one of the reasons why she fell for him. "S'okay, Wise Girl. I'm right here. I'll always be watching you."

Annabeth was about to reach out and make Percy sit beside her when all of a sudden, Percy's image flickered and Omega materialized beside him, hood and all.

"W-What?" Annabeth was thoroughly confused. What was happening?

Percy's and Omega's body slowly merged and they spoke in simultaneously. "We're closer than you think."

o.0.o

Annabeth tried to focus on the book she was reading but her mind decided to drift off and analyze, once again, her strange dream. This dream, she knew, was another piece of a huge puzzle that she's a part of. The million-peso question was: Which piece was this? Where does it fit?

We're closer than you think...

Dear gods, Annabeth was going to kill her brain trying to comprehend all of the information she's gathered. It wasn't much but even the simplest of pieces can lead to the bigger picture.

Okay, Annabeth thought, So far this is what I know. Percy holds ill feelings towards me. Omega feels the same. The soldiers seem wary and it seems as if they weren't told this bit of information. The leaders are Omega, Alpha, Shocker and Star. So they're _____, _____, Jason Grace and Zoe Nightshade. I've caught Alpha's gaze linger at Zoe a lot. So I may assume that he holds deep feelings for the girl. Zoe was a huntress before so it may be that she doesn't hold the same feelings towards her fellow comrade. I've seen Castor tease them though, it may be that both hold feelings for the other but are too stubborn or embarrassed to admit it. Most warriors revealed themselves. There is no other plausible reason other than doing so for the sake of intimidation and too boost the Camp's morale up. 

Annabeth decided to stop thinking. The more she did so, the more questions popped up in her head,

Why were they the only ones who came back?

What about the other campers?

What if they're the Elite Squad, why do they act so childish? Was it because of their confidence in their abilities?

Annabeth sighed. She was giving herself a migraine.

Omega was apparently, as he stated it himself, a son of Poseidon---But wait, he didn't. He merely suggested that it may be true. This Omega person--whoever he is--was a genius. Just when you thought you finally know something about him, you realize that it may not be 100% true. His childish persona was meant to disarm his enemies and make them underestimate him.