The Hero

Early A/N: Short chapter

Annabeth's brain was working overtime. She could barely focus on anything.

We're closer than you think...

She didn't understand her dream. What was the meaning of this ominous sentence?

It was already past midnight yet Annabeth still couldn't force her body to sleep. Besides the dream, the dead Chaos Warrior still plagued her mind.

She never would've expected that to happen.

Annabeth was dumbstruck when his hood fell off. She merely watched as Alpha killed monsters left and right showing no mercy at all. The other thing her she saw was Bryce, leaning against a tree, smirking that infuriating, arrogant smirk of his. Annabeth loathed him. How could he just stand there and watch, all the while smirking, while an ally killed like a demon? Not to mention that the said ally was obviously broken.

She understood why others didn't raise a finger to help. Like her, they too were in too much shock to register most things.

But why? Why did he have to die?

The elite soldier has made his mistakes, but in the end he managed to redeem himself.

Unlike, Bryce, who falsely claims to be a hero, he was an actual hero.

He was there in the maze.

He was there when they fought Luke.

He was there when Luke's death neared.

He was there on their side.

He was Luke's friend.

The soldier who died was Ethan Nakamura, a true hero.

-

-

-

-

A/N:

Ta-da! I bet none of you were expecting that, eh? Seriously though, why'd you guyz think Percy died? Seriously, this book is called: "Percy Jackson and the Army of Chaos" for a reason.

Anyways, technically Ethan was on their side. After all, he did change...