Broken Clocks - Chapter Five

Start from the beginning

What ever it was... It still hurt.

And then Maddox... What the hell did he mean by that last bit? He's messing with my mind; surely?

He has to be... He's just saying it because he's scared I'm not eating...

It's sweet of him to care... but he didn't have to lie?

He could've just said the stuff like last time... he could've shown the pictures of all the girls who'd gone too far...

But no. He decided to lie to me?

Skinny?... Pretty? What one earth is he on?

... Liar.

---------

I glanced at my phone, my finger hovering over the 'call' button.

I've been sitting like this for hours... Agitated, glaring at my phone, finger poised to press down the button.

I wanted to apologise to Alex so much... but I still couldn't do it. I kept getting flashes of his cold stare as he walked away into the rain... But then - I also needed to reassure Maddie that I was fine. But I couldn't decide who I wanted, or needed, to ring first.

The phone suddenly vibrated in my hand, the familiar ring-tone blasting out, scaring me.

Unknown number.

I picked up anyway - I was itching for it to be a prank call, just so I could have an excuse to shout at someone.

"Hello?" A melodically cocky voice sang into my ear.

"Erm... hello?" I muttered back, confused at who the hell could be on the phone.

"It's me..." A pause continued... "Myles?" He said, laughing. "You haven't forgotten me already?" I could hear the wink in his voice, as he chuckled.

"Oh... hey... erm, Myles, nice to hear from you... But why are you calling me?" I asked - sounding confused, but I couldn't help but laugh back at him.

"Because you, missus, have somehow managed to send all three of my brothers into depression." He sighed, but keeping the smile in his voice.

"Erm... brothers?" I asked... I didn't know his brothers...

"By brothers, I mean the band, silly, it's what we basically are; brothers." He chuckled, and I giggled back.

"But... erm how? And why Theo...?" I asked, crinkling my forehead in confusion. I guess Maddox could be upset that I just left him, crying and with anorexia-scares... and Alex could be angry about the kiss? But Theo...?

"Well... Maddox's lyrics have gone totally depressant, I mean really depressant... about this girl wasting away in front of his eyes - 'like grains of sand in the wind, she fades away.'" He sang slightly; he had a strangely pretty voice, for the way he seemed. I cringed at the meaning behind the lyrics. A if sensing my discomfort, Myles carried on with; "Yeah, I know right - depressive! And then Theo still keeps saying about your bad vibes (jeez, I don't know what that kid is on half the time...I think it's just 'cause he wants you)

"And then there's Alex... Well, he's talking less than he used to. And he keeps doing this weird little thing, when he picks up his phone, scrolls through something or other, touches his lips... and then throws the phone away in disgust."

"Oh..." I muttered, not really sure what to say.

"So, anyway... carrying on... I want you to come along, with us, for a drink tonight."

"I err... But..." I stuttered.

"Don't you wanna see me?" Even though the phone, I could hear him pouting.