Broken Clocks - Chapter Two

Chapter Two;

"Tam... what are you doing sitting on the floor... by the door?" Maddox's voice from across the room asked. I swivelled to see him and the rest of the band strolling through the door, beer cans in hands.

"I... erm..." I stuttered, not sure what to say. I stumbled to my feet. "I think I better go now." I smiled, and started putting on my shoes.

"Oh Tamara, just let me actually introduce you to these guys, okay?" Maddie sighed, "Right, this is Theo," He gestured a hand towards the guy to his left. He had pitch black hair, with a sharp side-fringe, covering half of his tanned face. He was obviously the drummer, as his arms were perfectly muscled and his hands were rough, strong and calloused. He looked like one of the guys who were lusted after at school, but no-one could ever get close enough too.

"And over here is Alex," Maddox pointed out the guy on his right. Let me just say, he was gorgeous! He had black hair, styled like Theo's, but with bright blonde tips and streaks. He was wearing a similar wife beater to Maddox, but white, and it made his skin look more tanned than it actually was.

I suddenly realized... the guys were in pajama-like stuff. Aww, what if Maddie had woken them up? I smiled, and had to shake my head to get rid of the blush that was forming.

"And I'm Myles." An all-too-familiar voice purred, as (oh god) the sexiest man alive dodged around the others. He had naturally bleach-blonde hair, which curled cutely around his ears, but was mostly poker-straight with spiky layers. He had a smug grin on his face, and he stood in such a way that immediately drew your eyes to his - frankly - amazing body. God, he would definitely win the title 'Sexiest Man of the Year'... and it would sure be a tight competition between him and Maddox. Myles could maybe even beat him... It would be a tough choice to say who was hotter between them.

"It's nice to meet you... Tamara." He purred. It was definitely him - he was the one who stopped me leaving.

"Err... hello everyone, it's nice to meet you." I stuttered, not totally sure what to say.

"Anyway... Come sit down, on a chair, and join us, okay?" Maddie laughed, whilst collapsing into a sofa. The guys equally did the same, situating themselves on random plush furniture dotted around the room. I paused, and tottered over towards a bean bag, furthest from everyone in the room.

"So... why did you call us over at this time at night?" Theo yawned, looking so totally adorable.

"Okay... well, I've finally finished our first proper acoustic song," Maddox grinned, totally buzzing, "and... I had a new idea!"

"Which is what?" Drawled Alex in a tired, almost-bored way, but his eyes seemed animated and excitable.

"We should have a part-time female singer in a couple of our songs!" Maddox exclaimed, and grinned as he saw similar amazed expression in the other three guys. "And... I already found someone..." He added, turning to face me.

Oh god no! He can't mean me, surely? I could feel my face literally pale.

"No... no, no, no, no, no..." I chanted, shaking my head.

"Why not Tammykins?" Maddie pouted, keeping that cheeky glint in his eye, "You're perfect!"

"She sings then?" Theo asked, obviously surprised, which seriously hurt more than I let on.

"I don't sing well enough." I claimed - before Maddox could cut in.

"Yes you do! Liar..." Maddie scowled at me, then turned to face the others, "She's been asked to play the lead in every school play because of her voice! Although she always turns them down... idiot." He sighed.

"Mmm... I say we need to hear her sing... oh, and play us the song." Myles purred, his eyes were heavy-lidded, making him look sultry and seductive.

"Erm... no... get someone else to sing the song. It's your song Maddie, don't let me spoil it." I muttered, annoyed at Myles' proposal, and just generally annoyed with Maddox.

"Actually it's our song, you wrote half of it." Maddie pointed out with a smug smile.

"She wrote part of it?!" Theo asked, totally disbelieving. I narrowed my eyes at him; did he really think that low of me?

"I've helped to write a few of these songs actually." I retorted. I'd partially written a few of their songs, to be honest, and I was totally sure Maddox wouldn't have told them... But I still specifically made sure he said nothing about me co-writing.

"She has..." Maddie smiled.

"And why didn't you tell us?" Alex sighed, seeming cool and disinterested.

"Because she told me not to... anyway, it doesn't matter about that. So, do you guys think it's a good idea, or not?"

"I say bad." I muttered.

"I say good." Alex counteracted.

"I'd certainly love to see more of her..." Myles smiled, not even trying to hide the implied comment. Maddox seemed to frown at that...

"I don't know... I agree with the female singer thing... but her? We haven't even heard her sing."

"Sing for us then..." Alex said, looking at me from beneath his blonde-spiked hair.

"I...I... I can't just... sing?!" I stuttered. I couldn't just sing in front of these people I've only just met.

"You don't have to." Maddie smiled, "I have you singing on tape."

"WHAT?!" Since when did he have me singing on tape? I've never sung when it's been recorded, or I've never sang in any play or musical...

"I recorded you singing when you were in the shower." Maddox said calmly, as if he was talking about the weather. A childish schoolboy grin spread across his face, "You always sing better when you're naked." He winked.

My mouth dropped open... I know he was teasing, because he'd never seen me naked - only in pajamas, but he just insinuated that in front of these strangers-to-me.

"I'm sure you do." Myles laughed, and Maddox's smirk strangely disappeared.

"Do you really have a tape?" I asked, ignoring the odd tension that had occurred in the room.

"Yeah."

"And do you have to listen to it?"

"Yeah..."

"Then I'm leaving." I saw Maddox's mouth open to protest, "don't worry, I'm not going home, I'm just not staying in the room to hear my screeching. See yah." I quipped, as I left the living room, to run to the room he had designated as 'mine'.

* * *