The fury of Firestorm

Start from the beginning

"If I can isolate the genetic locus of the two candidates and cross-reference it with the mutations in Professor Stein, I might be able to find a match and save his life." Caitlin said and Barry sighed "What do you need to do that?" He asked and Barry ran out to get blood samples then came back.

"All right, blood samples from both potential candidates."

"Damn, that was fast even for you." Cisco said and Barry frowned.

"I may have skipped the asking for permission part." "Let's see if we can't find a match." Caitlin said and I helped her for a bit. "Hey, Mia. Can I ask you a question?" Caitlin asked and I smirked "You just did but go ahead." "Ben told me that you were actually born with your powers, is it okay if I take a blood sample and look into your powers, see what's really there." She said and I sighed "Um sure. I guess, it will make it a lot easier to see what happened with my mom and if it will happen to me." I told Caitlin and she gave me a apologetic smile.

I walked into the precinct, having a week off from Central City and I have a bunch of homework to get done and a application to be turned into Captain Singh. I finish my Associates Degree and I'll be moving up to get my Masters degree in hospitality.

"Mia, glad to see your back." Joe said and I gave him a small smile "I'm glad to be back, uh the trip went well. I found more family so that's good." "Ben told me about your mother." Joe said and I nodded. "Oh okay. Uh well, I'm fine. And I should probably get this application to Captain Singh." I told Joe and I walked over to the Captains office.

" I told Joe and I walked over to the Captains office

Ben's POV

I went to bring my dad lunch which I ran into Joe "Hey can I talk to you real quick?" "Yeah, Joe. What's up?" I nodded and he sighed. "I'm worried about Mia, what exactly happened in Starling City?" Joe asked me and I told him everything about Mia's powers.

Barry's POV

Joe came over after I finished talking with Patty "Detective Spivot." "Detective." Patty smiled and Joe sighed "How's your man-shark case coming?" "It's good. I was just gonna go and canvas the area, see what else I can dig up, and Barry here agreed to run some tests for me." She said and I smiled and Joe smirked "Really?" "Mm-hmm." I looked at Joe and Patty sighed "So, progress. Thanks again." She said then walked out. "Mm-hmm. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were flirting with my partner." "What, Patty? No, I'm-- What are you talking about? I'm not-- " I scoffed and he chuckled "What is it with you and Iris and my partners?" "Hey, how is Iris, by the way?" I asked and he sighed. "Eh, she's pretty nervous about seeing her mother after all these years." Joe said and I nodded "Have you seen Mia?" I asked and Joe frowned "Ben told me what happened in Starling City, Barry, she was born with these powers. And if she doesn't learn how to control her powers right, it won't end good for her." Joe told me and my phone buzzed. "Hey, you know what, I gotta go. It's Cisco. It's about Professor Stein. I'll watch Mia, Don't worry Joe, I won't let anything bad happen to her." I told him and he nodded "Okay, go. I'll cover you with Singh." "All right, thanks." I said and went back to the lab.