-16

FOREIGN EXCHANGE ༉‧₊˚✧
location; los angeles, california 📍

corbyn cheered as he watched jonah score the winning touch down. almost everyone from the student section ran down onto the field to congratulate the team, some even hopping over the fence. the blond smiled widely as his eyes scanned the large crowd who chanted jonah's name.

corbyn felt nothing but happiness for jonah. although corbyn understood almost nothing about american football, he couldn't help but want to watch the amazing game once more. he was snapped back into reality once daniel took his hand in his, walking leisurely down the metal steps of the bleachers.

a blush (from both being flustered and the wind nipping at his face), coates his cheeks and tip of his nose. under the pink tint, his freckles had been accentuated beautifully. some speckles stood against the others. with a smile on his face, he and daniel made their way towards the dispersing crowd. in the middle of the clearing, jonah stood with tate, the head cheerleader, wrapped in his arms.

"jonah! congratulations!" corbyn exclaimed, a bright smile on his face that caused his dimples to stand out. "thanks, corbs!" he smiled aswell, releasing tate from his hold to allow corbyn to give him a hug. "how did you do it?" the blond asked, face still pressed against jonah's chest. "do what? play football?" the brunet asked with a chuckle, ruffling the short boy's hair.

corbyn nodded eagerly, backing away from the hug, his hair now messy upon his head. with a goofy smile on his face, daniel brushed his fingers through corbyn's hair, hoping to put it back in its place. "i'll teach you one day." jonah spoke, heart melting at the sight of the boy before looking away to begin a new conversation.

"dave & busters like always?" he asked with a shrug of his shoulders. the group of boys and tate cheered, although corbyn stood with a look of confusion. daniel threw his arm around the blond's shoulders, the familiar warmth returning. "dave & busters?" corbyn asked, walking with daniel.

"it's a very fun place; an arcade." daniel explained, following the other boys to the parking lot. corbyn only nodded, his gaze shifting up to the night sky. stars speckled the sea of blackness, constellations easily noticed by corbyn. "the stars are very pretty tonight." he smiled, talking to nobody in particular.

daniel only sent a small smile towards the blond, letting go of his hand so he could make his way to the passenger seat. "we'll meet you guys there! we're running to my house to change real quick." jonah spoke, referring to him, tate, jack, and zach. daniel gave him a thumbs up before getting into the drivers seat.

he turned the key, immediately turning up the heat. although it was nearing the middle of spring, the air was oddly chilled. "do you know how to do football?" corbyn asked, watching the lights pass by through the window. "i've played a little bit, but i'm not very good." daniel laughed, remembering the time jonah had tackled him in his yard, almost giving him a concussion.

"jonah will teach you too!" corbyn exclaimed, growing restless in the passenger seat. usually, his body would begin to grow tired at such a late time, but he felt oddly energetic tonight. perhaps it was the adrenaline from the watching jonah's game. or maybe daniel was making him feel.

the car ride passed by quickly, as corbyn anticipated going to the arcade. it's been years since he'd gotten the chance to go.

once they parked, corbyn almost squealed with excitement. the bright, neon signs have him a sense of nostalgia, reminding him of his childhood. he ran up to the glass door, catching a glimpse of his reflection. he realized the dots had still been painted on his face, but figured nobody would mind.

"corbyn, slow down!" daniel laughed, running up behind the blond and wrapping his around his waist. corbyn squealed once he was lifted up, daniel's arms tight around his petite body. "daniel!" corbyn exclaimed with a laugh, feeling his feet land softly on the sidewalk. the brunet turned corbyn into his chest, leaving a kiss overtop his forehead.

"you're so cute." daniel gushed. there was nothing that had completely provoked him to say such words. it was solely just the fact that corbyn truly was cute; adorable even. corbyn blushed, his cheeks growing pinker. completely flustered, he hadn't known how to react. and so, he stuffed his head into daniel's neck, hearing an airy chuckle leave his lips.

they stood there for a moment, basking in eachother's warmth. ot wasn't until they heard the familiar voices growing closer to them, accompanied by the slamming of car doors. "thanks for waiting, love birds!" jonah teased, patting daniel on the shoulder. "corbyn!" zach squealed as they walked into the building.

zach pulled the blond from daniel's grasp, dragging him to open area out of ear's reach of the others as they paid. "you're wearing his jacket!" he gushed, holding onto the blond's shoulders. corbyn smiled, taking a glance at the jacket he wore. "mhm." he hummed, eyes catching daniel's for just a moment.

"that's so cute!" zach exclaimed once more, dragging corbyn back to the others as he saw them begin to walk into the arcade. "what are we playing first?" zach wondered aloud, intertwining his and jack's hands. "i don't know about you, but i was going to find something to eat." jonah spoke, beginning to walk away with tate.

corbyn looked around as the others spoke. he was somewhat glad jack hadn't begun a conversation with him, not wanting daniel to snap. "daniel. can we play that?" he asked, tugging at the hem of daniel's shirt. "let's go." daniel smiled, taking corbyn's into his. "what level?" daniel asked, sliding the card into the slots of the guitar hero machine.

"expert!" corbyn spoke happily, placing the guitar strap over his shoulder. "oh boy, i'm not that good at this game." daniel spoke truthfully, choosing his character. the brunet took his fingers off the guitar, allowing corbyn to choose the song. "coldplay?" he asked. "i love this song!" corbyn smiled, yellow playing through the speakers.

throughout the game, daniel tried his very best to focus on the keys, but he just couldn't seem to do it. his eyes always seemed to drift to corbyn, watching as his tongue poked out of the corner of his mouth adorably, heavily concentrated on the game. daniel listened to the barely audible humming escaping his lips.

it was no surprise when the game ended, seeing that daniel had missed almost every note. corbyn was his distraction.

[a/n]
cUTE