-06

FOREIGN EXCHANGE ༉‧₊˚✧
location; caracas, venezuela 📍

corbyn shuffled forward in line, large suitcases rolling against the white tile floors. his mother, father, and his siblings stood behind him, faces lacking emotion as they rocked back and forth on their feet. ashley took a few steps forward until she stood directly next to her taller brother.

she sighed, dropping her head upon his hoodie clad shoulder. corbyn's strawberry pink lips curled at the edges, forming his signature toothless smile; a sight that would cause anyone's lips to do the same. he allowed his own head to fall softly upon hers, his left arm wrapping around her petite waist to pull her closer.

"te extrañaré." i will miss you. ashley's soft voice cracked. she moved to wrap both arms around her brother, hiding her face into his chest. "todavía tienes unos minutos conmigo." you still have a few minutes with me. corbyn placed his chin upon her head, shifting until he found a comfortable position.

his hands ran over her back, holding ashley tight against him with a pout. corbyn truly didn't want to leave his family for so long, heart aching with guilt and sadness that seemed to place a whole world of pressure over his shoulders. he turned to his parents, standing with their arms around jordan. "ven aca." come here. corbyn spoke.

thus, his parents and brother joined the hug, receiving pleasant smiles from the travelers around them. soon, corbyn had been handing his luggage over to the woman behind the desk, leaving him with his carry on. "cariño, me dejan pasar seguridad contigo. dile adiós a todos ahora, ¿de acuerdo?" honey, they are letting me pass security with you. say goodbye to everyone now, okay? his mother spoke solemnly.

corbyn nodded, pausing his walking as he wrapped his arms around his father. "te extrañaré mucho. diviértete en los estados unidos. te quiero." i will miss you so much. have fun in the united states. i love you. his father's raspy voice spoke in his ear. corbyn nodded, replying with a small yo también quiero.

next, jordan, corbyn's brother stepped forward. him being much taller, corbyn ducked his head into jordan's chest. he laughed softly as he felt his lips touch his messy blond hair. "te extrañaré pequeño hermano." i will miss you little brother. "te extrañaré más." i will miss you more.

finally, ashley was back in corbyn's arms, crystal tears trailing down her pale skin. "no llores hermanita." don't cry little sister. corbyn whispered softly, feeling tears well up into his own eyes. small sniffles left his nose as he tried to be strong. he only held ashley tighter, never wanting to let go.

"cariño, tu vuelo partirá pronto." honey, your flight will be leaving soon. corbyn's mother smiled sadly as the blond finally let go of his little sister. saskia puffed out her bottom lip at the sight of her son's distressed state. he wiped the tears from his eyes, one last sniffle leaving.

corbyn watched sadly as his father and siblings began to walk away. he frowned once his mother took his hand in his, leading him towards security. "no quiero ir, mamá." i don't want to go, mama. corbyn's voice stayed low and soft, afraid it may let up if he spoke any louder. "no hay necesidad de preocuparse. estarás con una gran familia. te divertirás." no need to worry. you will be with a great family. you will have fun.

corbyn only nodded, showing his ticket to a woman before being allowed to place his bag on the conveyor belt.

after walking through security smoothly, corbyn stayed hand in hand with his mother; practically attached at the hip. the simple act corbyn had been doing heavily reminded his mother of when he was a small child. corbyn had always been a 'momma's boy' as it's called. he was always at her side, wanting to help, wanting to be held, wanting to talk. it gave her a sense of nostalgia knowing he never changed.

there she sat at the gate, corbyn next to her in the seat. his head laid over her lap, arms wrapped around her torso as his feet stayed flat upon the ground. he didn't care that many fellow foreign exchange students sat beside him. right now, he cared that he would be leaving his mother for weeks on end.

saskia knew this would happen, as he was never one to be fond of being away from home. corbyn had always had a bit of separation anxiety when it came to family. he feared something bad would happen while he was away.

"no quiero dejarte." i don't want to leave you. corbyn's bottom lip wobbled upon hearing the announcement that his plane was now boarding. knowing he'd be one of the last to board, he didn't rush.

"lo se amor. pero estaré a tu lado. ¿sabes por qué?" i know, love. but i'll be by your side. you know why? saskia smiled as he shook his head. "estaré aquí ... en tu corazón." i will be here... in your heart. the elder blonde poked corbyn's chest as he sat up with a giggle. "mamá." he pouted, taking his carry on into his hands.

"te quiero mucho. cuidate." i love you so much. be safe. corbyn's mother pulled him into her chest. he responded softly, "i love you more." his thick accent stood out in his english, saskia chuckling softly.

corbyn sighed once his mother walked away, turning around to send him a small wave.

"last call, flight nine-two-four to los angeles, california is now boarding."