-01

FOREIGN EXCHANGE ༉‧₊˚✧
location; los angeles, california 📍

daniel sat in the much too crowded auditorium, foot tapping impatiently against the echoing metal beneath him. he rested his elbows upon his knees, letting out a huff as his eyes finally met his best friends; jonah, zach, and jack.

"so glad you could make it, fifteen fucking minutes late. almost like mr. martin was waiting for you guys to show up, considering the assembly hasn't started yet." daniel spoke with a sarcastic chuckle, leaning back in his seat as he allowed the boys to walk past.

"had to catch a little smoke in the bathroom." jonah shrugged, slipping his bright red backpack off his shoulder with a chuckle. daniel only rolled his eyes once more as the familiar beat of fingers tapping the tip of a microphone echoed off the walls.

"testing, testing." principal martin spoke with a smile, bringing the dark microphone up to his lips. "happy monday, students!" he exclaimed, pausing for a moment as he heard low groans escape the students' lips. "now, now. don't get too excited." he chuckled, clearing his throat as he received no laughter.

"anyway, i have a very important announcement that will greatly impact this school as well as those who are chosen to participate." he licked his lips as he flipped through the sheets of paper in front of him, eyes scanning down the ink. "the fellow staff and i have decided to come up with a plan to teach you all— our students, about different cultures."

a loud, exaggerated groan escaped the mouth of a student in the front row— captain of the basketball team. "brewer, i know you would not like to see me in my office." principal martin spoke, narrowing his eyes at the messy redhead. laughs and hollers could be heard throughout the auditorium, the boy only mockingly raising his hands into the air.

"now, in order to firsthandedly learn about new cultures, we have set up an exchange program. in just a few weeks, students from italy, argentina, britain— anywhere you can think of will be coming to stay until the end of july!" the middle aged man exclaimed, gasps heard from students all over the crowd.

"gee, didn't think this school had the money to do that." zach whispered, cupping his hand over his mouth. "shocking." jonah whispered back, receiving a shove from the brunet next to him. "shut the hell up and listen." daniel spoke harshly, keeping his eyes on the principal as he lifted the microphone once more.

"now, i have a list of students who i believe are responsible and stable enough to house an exchange student. if your name is called, may you come see me for details. the rest of you may leave, but i expect each and every one of you to make the students feel at home once they arrive. three weeks is the time you have to prepare." principal martin shuffles the papers once more.

he gripped the soft, white sheet into his hand, eyes scanning through the dark ink quickly. "let's begin. joe bryant, matthew campbell, sierra daman, daniel seavey..."

daniel sat in shock as he heard his name slip past his principal's lips. the husky voice echoed in his mind as he went on to name the many students that would be housing an exchange student. "holy shit! you're going to have a whole 'nother person living in your house." jack exclaimed, gripping daniel's shoulders as he shook him.

"congratulations, bro! i fucking hope you get a hot girl-"

"shut the fuck up, jonah." daniel spoke, eyes widened as he sat still. in just a few weeks, he'd be sharing a house with a boy or girl from another country. the boy had mixed emotions regarding the situation. he couldn't tell whether he had been excited, or absolutely hated the idea.

"may the students i called please make their way down to me. and for the rest of you, have an amazing day!" principal martin spoke, the sound of footsteps rushing down the steps echoing through the room, almost resembling a stampede.

"wish me luck." daniel sighed, lifting his backpack onto his shoulders. he skipped down the steps, shoulders colliding with another's as he slipped through the crowd of people. "mr. martin." he spoke, making his way to the podium where the man stood.

"daniel seavey. i'm sure you're ecstatic to be taking in an exchange student. i've chosen you specifically because this will be a great learning experience! i've heard all about your love for the spanish speaking countries, and so i've assigned you a boy from venezuela." the male spoke, flipping through the papers in order to find daniel's information sheet.

"here are the requirements for this opportunity. i expect you to follow all of the guidelines and rules. enjoy your day, kid!" his principal urged him away as more students came to receive the name of their exchange student.

daniel eyed the paper in his hands as he walked out of the auditorium, eyes scanning down the sheet until he flipped to the next page, finally stumbling across the name of his foreign exchange student; corbyn besson.