-08

FOREIGN EXCHANGE ༉‧₊˚✧
location; los angeles, california 📍

"hi, i'm jack. i'm daniel's best friend." a boy with curly hair spoke excitedly, holding out his hand for corbyn to take. he was slightly shorter than corbyn, only by an inch or two. the blond shook jack's hand, mumbling a small 'hi'. "i'm anna, i'm sure you've already heard." a petite blond spoke, twirling a strand of hair around her finger.

"pleasure to meet you." corbyn spoke quietly, his thick accent standing out behind his words. he gave a small smile, his pearly white teeth barely noticeable behind his lips. "alright, anna." the boy known as daniel spoke, his voice low as he continued. "i'm daniel, you'll be following me around at school on monday."

corbyn only nodded as he shook daniel's hand, the same blush coating his cheeks once again. the boy had messy brown hair, beautiful blue eyes, and a smile that made corbyn melt. daniel seemed very put together, but he seemed very laid back as well.

"daniel, why don't you show corbyn where he will stay. i'm sure he's very tired after the long trip." keri smiled, watching as jeff took his bags into his hands. "i can take my bags." corbyn spoke, not wanting to be a burden on the new family. "it's okay, kid. i got it."

"gracias- i mean, thank you." the blond shook his head with a giggle, hearing the others join in. he used his hand to cover his mouth as he yawned, the jet lag seemingly finally catching up to him. "alright, i'll show you to our room." daniel smiled, meeting corbyn's eyes before leading him up the stairs.

jack followed close behind, pretty much eyeing corbyn down. "this is my- our room. you have the mattress on the floor, but if you want, i'll let you take my bed." daniel smiled, pointing to the makeshift bed on the floor, luggage surrounding it. corbyn only nodded with a smile, making his way to begin unpacking his luggage.

"he's kinda cute." jack whispered into daniel's ear, being sure corbyn couldn't hear. "kinda? he's so cute." daniel gushed, glancing towards the smaller boy who now took his own clothes in hand. "make a move!" jack exclaimed, a little too loudly. "shh, i haven't even had a real conversation with him, idiot. he seems shy."

daniel turned his head to the left upon feeling a gentle tap upon his shoulder. "where do i put my uh- clothes?" corbyn wondered softly, eyes locking with daniel's. "you can have a side of my closet. i'll show you." daniel spoke, heart melting as corbyn followed like a lost puppy.

"this is a closet? i thought it was another room." corbyn blushed, pausing between words as he spoke the foreign language. daniel's heart jumped as he chuckled, glancing towards jack who was behind him. "this is your side." the brunet pointed to the left side, only filled with empty shelves and hangers.

"don't touch daniel's side, you might find things you don't want to see." jack snorted, receiving a hit in the chest. corbyn's face scrunched as he thought, eyes widening soon after. "got it." daniel scoffed as he entered his room once again, walking backwards to his bed as he spoke. "great, he'll think i'm a freak because of you."

"please, the kid can barely understand what i'm saying. he'll be fun to play truth or dare with at jonah's parties." jack laughed, sitting upon the bed next to daniel. "fuck off, jack. never are we going to jonah's parties while corbyn's here, and we are definitely not going to take advantage of the fact his first language isn't english." daniel snapped.

"did you call me?" corbyn's head peaked around the door frame of the closet. daniel gazed at him with practical heart eyes. "no, sorry. we're just talking." he smiled, watching the blond go back to unpacking. "it's not a big deal, daniel. let loose a little bit. he needs to experience one of jonah's parties at least once! if you don't want to go, i'll take him." jack shrugged.

"no, jack. he's not going to one of jonah's parties and that's final. something bad always happens and i'm not allowing corbyn to get cross faded while he's staying with my family." daniel rolled his eyes, wanting the conversation to be over and done with. "i'll give you time to think about it. i'll see you on monday." the curly haired boy smiled, standing up from the bed.

"bye, corbyn. it was nice meeting you." he yelled into the closet as he made his way out of the bedroom. daniel sighed as he too, arose from the bed. he entered the closet, seeing corbyn hang up the last of his shirts. "oh, hi, daniel. your friend left?" corbyn wondered, soft eyes peering into daniel's.

"yeah, you'll see him on monday." daniel smiled, ghosting his arm around corbyn as he reached to turn off the closet light. the two exited the closet, corbyn making his way to his bed on the floor. he sat down with a yawn, rubbing at his tired eyes. "do wanna take a nap? i'll wake you up for dinner." daniel asked.

"if it's okay." the blond replied. "you can sleep in my bed for now." daniel smiled, pulling down the blankets. "oh, uh thank you." corbyn smiled. "no problem."

as daniel left the room, corbyn climbed into the warm bed, immediately covering himself with the blankets. perhaps living with this family wouldn't be so bad, but he was still so far away from his family. he wasn't sure if he could handle it.

[a/n]
i promise more will happen :)