41

imagine 41
              ethan dolan — just one more time

summary: after your death your stuck in a place where you're forced to watch your lover play your song in agony of missing you.

warnings: angst, cursing, u know the vibessss

word count: 1,664 words

the song you and ethan have together is the good side — troye sivan

her heart was breaking, the continuous torture of her heartstrings were cutting every second. and y/n wasn't even sure that made much sense anymore. did she even have a heart? could it be possible that this lifetime of misfortune cause her any more pain. she wanted to believe it could. just from watching her lover in agony. it made her want to believe that her sadness was killing her all over again. a hiccup of cries were beginning to harmonize with the song he played on a loop.

y/n wanted to touch him. she wanted to speak to him. y/n wanted to tell him she was okay. y/n wanted to tell him to stop playing the song. fuck, y/n wanted to be alive. she wanted her boy.

she shut her eyes for a moment. the memories still lingering of his warmth, the feeling of his hair grazing through her slender fingers. the sound of his voice in her ear, the sensations of his kisses on her lips. all of it was beyond comprehension. she couldn't put into words the way it made her feel. to always be just be on watch of his despair. but to keep it simple, it was deadly. as ironic as that was since she was the dead one. "the people danced to the sound of your heart." y/n always knew that their love was made from the movies, that it was always something more.

but she never knew it was made for something this wicked.

the world's hell was always described differently from every voice. but she thought it would be dark, lonesome, even the typical fiery environment seemed more ideal than this. she could have handled that better. but they never described
this to her.

that she would be chosen to be stuck between a void of dark and light. that she would be destined in her afterlife of watching the person she loved most. that she would live an enteral quiet torture. and for days, weeks, and months, she watched ethan. and she couldn't lie, those first few moments once she opened her eyes and saw him in front of her, she could have sworn her heart started beating again.

that y/n was given the second chance to love him all over again. until that invisible wall that surrounds him became known to y/n.

and it wasn't that hard for the first couple of hours. because ethan laid in her bed, in silence. he clung to her pillow and every once in awhile he shut his eyes and grip the item a little tighter. pretending it was her. then he would cry. he would cry so much. that really broke her. even more when he screamed from his dreams. when he shouted at the night sky begging for his love back. but she thought she could get through that. and if she wanted to, she could look at the good side of things. she still saw him. she still watched her love every moment of the day.

but it was that one night. that night when silence finally overcame the sobs that were normally ethan's. until the first note played. her eyes were shut but reopened from the familiarity of the tune. and he sat on the floor, playing that song. the song they promised would be theirs. and she wanted to believe that was when her not so real heart would start to break all over again. and she understood what was so treacherous about the afterlife. at least when it came to hers.

so as y/n heard their song for the hundredth time she began to beg once more. "please let him hear me." she cried. "just this once." y/n sobbed when she laid beside him. "let me tell him how much i love him." she said. "let me fucking speak to him!" she screamed, a whimper falling after her words. "please, please, please, please, please, please." she begged in whispers now, her body shaking from her cries.