Alfred and Hot Chocolate

When Dali woke up that morning, she didn't expect to be brought to the Batcave and surely she did not expect to be staying at the Wayne manor with Dick. Dali thought she'd be at the previous location, that Dick calls the cave. She is, after all, an ex-member of the League of Shadows. However, Dali couldn't help herself once she was out of the eyes of everyone else, even with Batman there. She finally let go and tears sprung from her eyes.

"Dali?" Dick took of his mask as soon as they were in the Batcave. So now once again did Dali have a good look at the blue eyes that were so much like her own.

"I just didn't think I'd get to see you so soon." Was her response. She almost looked broken and it broke Dicks heart a little.

"How about we get changed and go upstairs?" Dick suggested. "Jason is probably in bed by now, but Alfred is probably awake. We can ask him to make hot chocolate and we can talk some more."

"Okay." Dali responded. Suddenly she felt like she was seven years old again. Whenever she felt out of sorts, one of her brothers was there to cheer her up. They always knew what to say. It seems Dick still hasn't lost his touch. That made Dali happy, Dick hasn't changed much and she's glad he hasn't.

When she was done and waiting, a butler approached from out of nowhere, nearly giving the ex-assassin a heart attack. "So you're the Lady Adalina. It's a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I am Alfred Pennyworth. I'm the one that keeps everything running smoothly in the manor upstairs."

"Uhmm... I guess it's nice to meet you too Mr. Pennyworth." Dali answered, unsure.

"Alfred!" Dick greeted, now he was in comfortable clothes. A pair of gray sweats and what appears to be a Kid Flash themed hoodie. Dali looked at her own clothes, which Dick gave her. Black sweats that are just a little to big and an over-sized red hoodie. She figured these were her brother's clothes. "You're here!"

"Yes, Master Richard, I always am. Hot chocolate again?" He asks.

"Yes please."

"Alright and I'll make some for the Lady Adalina as well." Alfred said as turned and left for the elevator, the twins followed him in and the three arrived in the manor. "I'll be bring the hot chocolate to Lady Adalina's room I presume?"

"Yep!" Dick nodded and Alfred was off.

"So Alfred is...?"

"Well he's a family friend of Bruce's. He practically raised him after his parents were..." Then Dick stopped, frown appeared on his face remembering what happened to their own parents.

"Dick, c'mon lets talk, okay?" Dali smiles at her brother in understanding. Smiling felt so foreign to her after so long, but she'd smile if it was for her family, that included Danielle now she'd suppose. Even though Danielle is kind of a new addition to her and Dick, Dali could see how close she was to Danny, so she'd treat her like family too. "You can tell me about how you found out bruce is Batman."

"That's a boring, but interesting story." Dick nodded. "Okay let's go." So Dick brought Dali to the room that would've been hers had Talia had not taken her from the orphanage. The room was pastel purple and the bed was a queen sized bed. It had dark black sheets that contrasted with the white and blue duvet and pillow cases. On the walls were posters of The Flying Graysons and Haly's Circus. On the nightstand next to the bed was a picture frame of her family together before their parents' last show. Her tears welled up at the sight of the familiar faces of her parents in the frame. She almost forgot what they looked like.

"I miss them."

"Me to, Dali."

Soon they were talking about there time apart. Dali told Dick almost everything about her time in the League of Shadows, some of it was too painful for her to tell Dick about. But, she told him about her first and last kill. She hated it, she hated that she let them make her kill someone. The only reason they let her go was because Dali refused to kill. She was the trained killer that refused to kill. Dick told her about how he found out about Bruce being Batman. He told her how he snuck out of the mansion to help Bruce put their parents' killer in jail and has been working with him since. How he met his friends. He almost told her everything, except for what the Joker put him through, and about his crush. He wasn't ready for that yet.

So the two talked about their adventures. The people they've met. Lost in the hot chocolate, memories and secrets as they talked through the night till sleep claimed them both.

-----