"No, it's exactly the same as the last 20 times."

    As we start to eat the food, the mother says, "I haven't seen you guys working on your homework. I want those papers tomorrow."

    Mrs. Strucker made it a good idea to run a small school, after seeing the lack of education the younger kids could have, including teens, it was her way of contributing to the underground; personally, I liked the idea.

    "You were serious? Mom, the only thing cool about being a refugee is no school," The Strucker boy joked.

    "Well, that's the deal. You want to train, you're also gonna study."

    Lauren sighs and noticed the smudge smirk I had on my face. "What's with the look?"

    "I already finished," I admitted.

    Andy groans, "Of course you did!"

    "What did you think I was doing the other day?" I called out to Andy.

    "I don't know. Drawing or something."

    "No! I even reminded you to do the work."
    "You did?"
    "I did."
    "No, I would've remembered."

    "No, you said and I quote, 'Will do it later.'"

    "Lux, you know me. That means I'll never do it."

    A few seconds of silence happened, and we all cracked up at our stupid bickering.
Cait smiled at me and told her two children to do the homework she assigned. I came along with them for any help, or in Andy's case, keep him on track.

❅ ❅ ❅

    Later in the day, Andy and I were training. Lorna made us put blindfolds on to test our instinct.
Of course, I was skeptical but I trusted Lorna. My instincts were sharp, but I didn't know how I could make it a connection with my powers.

    "On your right!" The woman shouts as a sound of a brick slamming came from my left ear.

    "Skylar, duck!"
    Another slam happens with the brick.

    I felt my nerves tensing up, feeling that I was picked next.
A pause happened and I hear Lorna say, "Here to train?" to an unknown someone.

    "No, no, no. No. Uh, I need to talk to Andy and Lux." It was Reed's voice.

    I pulled my blindfold down so my eyes could see where Mr. Strucker was. Andy and I both looked at each other and walked with the father.

    "Hey," The both of us greeted.

    "How's it going?" He asked.

    "Good."
    "Great."
    We answer him.

    "You know, at least if we get attacked by some tiles. We'll be ready," The teen boy jokes around.

    "What's wrong?" I asked Mr. Strucker.

    "Where's Lauren? I thought she was supposed to be here," Reed questions, with slight worry.