Lapis POV

She stands there for a moment then suddenly smack, "uhm peridot? Are you okay-" she cuts me off "I'm fine! I thought there was just a bug on my face! Be right back!" Her voice cracks an she rush off disappearing into the crowd . Confused I just sit there then a smile cracks on my lips an I chuckle snort phbbt "what a dork" she finally comes back with the drinks an we crack the cans open, we sit in more silence until she finally breaks the ice. we sit an chat, it felt good since we haven't had an chat like this is awhile, ever since that night - no lapis lazuli, don't ruin the moment, you came here to have fun. . . to forget . Zoning out without realizing "Earth to Lazuli?" Snapping her fingers "h-huh what?" Back into reality "You've been staring at me the entire time without saying a word, you okay?" I cut her off as the the band Sadie and the killers start to play a specific song " oh I love this song! Come dance with me!" I grab her by the claw dragging her to the dance floor "Lapis! Slow down your practically dragging me!" She complained, I ignored her. now we're in the middle of the dance floor, engulfed by the crowds of other dancing duets. "I told you I don't dance remember" she whined I rolled my eyes "oh i remember, remember jam sess back in the hide out" i grin her face turns red "t-that was d-different!" Her voice crack's "Rigghhttt" smirking, pulling her closer an grabbing her other hand she gives in as we start to sway back an forth, avoiding eye contact with me still a blushing mess "you don't need to look at our feet peridot " I chuckle lightly she finally looks at me, those big emerald eyes, for once she was wearing contacts. They gave her eyes an yellowish hue, her natural greens making them more enticing. that freckle splattered face, her messy hair, the matching costume , so damn adorable I shook the impure thoughts from my head. "Relax Peri your doing great, your a natural" I compliment. "yeah right" she argues. As the music carries on she relaxes even more, we dance the floor away, till the next band came on. Which they were called Lars of the Stars. His first song he sings happen to be a slow song. we just both stand there until I felt a pair of hands take mine placing them on their shoulders then theirs onto my hips, I look up from my feet to be met with peridot's gaze and I start to feel my own face heat up as she takes the lead, one step, two step, I start to follow her lead. the entire time she kept her eyes confidently locked on mine, I bit my lower lip shyly.

Peridot POV

I have no idea what I'm doing or why I'm doing this? Im a nervous wreck.

I took lazuli by the hand as I placed them upon my shoulders and then mine upon her hips. Something is just telling me this moment is right. I confidently look her in the eyes, as I start to take the lead, we had been dancing for hours, losing track of time maybe this party was worth it after all. One step, two step,as we dance. I twirl her around, she twirled me around, we start to goof off. the song starts to come to an end, where I ended it with an dip, She looked surprised. I realized our faces were  only a mere inch apart, I dip my eyes at her lips then eyes, those eyes. . I notice a blush creeping on her face as she bits her lower lip, a blush on my own formed. Pulling her back up from the dip we stand there with a long pause until- I felt my heart skip a beat, she intertwined our fingers "Hey Peridot. ." I raise an eyebrow "Ive been thinking for some time now..." I continue to listen "and there's something I wanted to ask you, tell you even . ." A long pause But then of course I ruined it "Lapis why are you even here?" She raises an eyebrow.  "what do you mean?" She ask " I mean... Amethyst told me..you'd have to bring a date to the party, I'm sure as much fun this have been, us hanging out and goofing around... they're probably looking for you? " pause then she looks down, letting go of my hands "well i-i" she hesitate to answer oh, I mouth " I see . . "  It's like I thought.. I start to walk off, that's until  I felt a hand grab my arm "Peridot w-wait" I turn around annoyed but then noticed her shaking, nervously? "Amethyst told me we had to bring a date to the party,o,-of course I knew that.." long pause" so-so that's why... " she takes an deep breath "that's why, that's why- I was going to ask you, to-to be my date. . Peridot.." not sure how to respond "lapis-" my voice cracks "I'm not finished , Peridot for some time now, I always wondered, and even as kids how close we grew and so fast, growing up at the time I was too young and confused but as I got older an understood these things more, the time apart and then our sudden reunion and the lost time we made up for, an those vivid dreams.." she pauses again a deep red hue as her bangs hid her eyes I see a tear fall "Peridot , did you ever noticed that feeling too? In here?" As she places a hand on my chest. My own face was overcome with that dark red hue as well and my tongue felt like it was twisted into a not. Is this for real? Is lapis really saying she- impossible but,"Peridot...?" The anticipation and hesitation for a response seemed to upset her.  Say something you tongue twisted fool?!
"Yes, I understand. ." She perks up. "Lapis i-" before I could finish "Oh there you are darling~ i have been looking all over for you~" someone cooed I turned around to notice it was Aquamarine. She suddenly pulls me into a tight hug, kissing me on the cheek. "Hey Peridot" topaz greets me, "uhm Peridot whose that?" Amethyst suddenly popping into existence along side Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire before I could answer "I'm Aquamarine, her girlfriend pleasure to meet you "she hoots, they looked at me in shock mostly Amethyst and Pearl "Y-yeah I asked her to be my date to the party so- ta daa?" Nervous laughter, I clear my throat  "Topaz, Aqua these are my friends, Pearl Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire and Lapis-"

" hey where's Lapis?" I notice she wasn't there, She was gone.

Was this all in my head?