Does everything stays?

Lapis POV

After the whole ordeal was over, I moved in with Steven and his family. I honestly never felt more happier, even though it still pained me with conflicted feelings. The death of my mother, I was now all alone, no dad, no mom. My father killed by a horrific car accident and now my mom, killed by my ex girlfriend. I sat there on that beachy shore, waves crashing against the tip of my toes. Humming a song in my head, getting lost in my own world. Stevens family moved but I can understand why, after the case with Jasper an I was free to go, something weird occured in that short time span. they're still investigating but by the looks of it, it was arson.. They asked if it was anyone I personally I knew or someone with old grudges or any sorts for someone to burn my house down. As I remember being called, standing at the base of where the welcome mat that is now scorched used to be. All those memories even if it was mostly bad ones, now a pile of burnt wood, dark as charcoal, all my things. Gone. And you'd think I'd feel bad about it but honestly, is it bad to say I felt relief Jasper was gone, my house was gone, now my own family, I'm alone and I'll always be alone. "Heya sis" I felt a hand placed on my shoulder and I slightly jumped "O-oh hey Steven " I blush slightly from embarrassment of my reaction, he just chuckles then sit next to me, holding his mini acoustic guitar. "So what do you think of the new place, I love it, and the beach is right on our FRONT lawn" he exaggerated the last part "Yeah...it's pretty great" I lightly giggled, he kicked his sandals off, stretching out his legs. Letting the waves crash against his feet, we sat in silence watching the horizon. "So big day is coming up next week" he cuts off the moment. I slightly nod my head in agreement, graduation day. "You nervous?" He asked "Are you?" He nods slightly as well "Everything is just changing so suddenly " "Yeah...it really is" I agreed, more silence "Do you plan on going to college, dad and mom said they're more than willing to help pitch in for tuition!" I shrugged , I haven't really thought that far ahead, I thought I'd just get a job and just try to be happy and successful and help out Stevens family even though they say no need to but I felt bad for the sudden move in because they've done so much for me already.. The sudden realization of my future started to impact me, here I am 19 years old, graduating high school; I actually flunked a grade. "You okay Lapis? " I snap out of my trance "Oh yeah, I'm fine just...taking in a lot of things that happened lately" he just replied with a hum. "What was that song you were singing before? It sounded familiar" I raised an eyebrow "it was a song my mom used to sing me when I was a baby, I almost forgotten all about it until your mom was singing it to, while caring for me when I was unconscious" he suddenly started to strum a few strings, creating the perfect tune to match the song. "Well you have a really great singing voice, I have wicked guitar skills, let's jam!  jam bud" I blushed "it's not that great" "whaaaattt don't be silly c'mon please!" He did his big puppy eyed look where he bats his eyelashes, which were surprisingly long. I chuckled snorted and punched him in the arm "Alright alright you win , but I thought Connie was your jam bud" I wiggled my eyebrow slightly elbowing him in the side he just blushes an look away then clear his throat. He gets so flustered every time i bring her up. She was this girl who recently moved here and Steven was smitten with her an so shy to approach her, she sat reading a book on the shore every day. so one day this Einstein logic was to go biking in the sand to impress her with his new bicycle he just brought, his "funky flow" ended up a epic failure when he face planted right in front of her. I giggle to myself remembering that moment then i sigh inhaling the salty smell of the ocean and air. closing my eyes and getting lost inside my head i start to sing.

Let's go in the garden,
There you'll find something waiting,
Right there where you left it, lying upside down.

He took this que an started to strum the previous beat to the song, as I continued to sing. Getting more and more into it.

Everything stays right where you left it.
Everything stays, but it still changes.
Ever so slightly,
Daily and nightly
In little ways, everything stays

Ever so slightly,
Daily and nightly, in little ways...
Everything stays....

He strums out the last bit of the tune.
Suddenly we hear clapping behind us, it was Rose and Greg. I blush deeply my face burning like a bad sun tan.  "That was beautiful" said Rose "Yeah Lapis I didn't know you had such an awesome singing voice" said Greg "encore encore" he shouted an rose giggled, Steven chuckled an I let out a snort. As they sat next to us. We sat watching the sun sink lower an lower into the water. "I think...I've decided, I will go to college..."

Very short chapter guys, but your long and awaited anticipation is right around the corner.