Crush me whole

Peridot POV

I arrived to the designation were Amethyst would be throwing her party, it was an old red ran down barn with an giant hole in the ceiling but it seemed someone covered it with an blanket, as well as an old pick up truck that somehow someone crashed into the roof itself, how the hell? I parked my car next to the countless of other cars that seemed to be here, Pearl's stuck out the most because it was the only pink Volkswagen around with white stripes and an rose. After gathering all my things I make my way to the big double doors knocking loudly three times, I could hear the echo of my knocks. Someone opens the door who isn't Pearl she was brown skinned, with a fro and wore an red headband, to the looks of her outfit I can tell she was dressed up like a character from ok let's be heros "I'm here for the party? " She just grunts an nods letting me through , I can see Pearl already got half of the decorations up because she was finishing setting up purple bat lights "I'm all finished with hanging up the other lights Pearl" a girl with long dyed silver hair, her bangs were covering her eyes. she looked to be dressed as a white witch of some sorts or a mage maybe. "oh thank you so much Sapphire, what would I do without you" the girl just smiles an nods an walks off. "Hey pearl I brought some snacks" too busy hanging up more decorations to acknowledge me, she seemed to be dressed up as some knight? Except the armor was pink. " Just set them over on the table" she points to the other assorted goods, I do just that. "Amethyst told me to help you with the party, she's going to be late . . " She groans loudly "what?! I swear she better have an good excuse !" she starts to lowly mumble the rest, cursing underneath her breath, I just shrug an go find something to do.

Time skip

After helping set up the party, along side with the help of Pearl, I met Ruby and Sapphire, they seemed really nice, but also " very close ", shortly after people started arriving, then Amethyst finally came "Sorry I was running late guys, there was an emergency" , " an emergency? Is everything alright?" Pearl asked concerned "Chill P, everything is Gucci, I was just helping out an friend with an crisis" she waved it off. "A friend you say? Whose this friend?" Pearl seemed to get an bit uppity suddenly "Ah it's no one, quit ya bugging Pearl" amethyst rolled her eyes "Well excuse me for being worried is all!"  she started fussing flailing up her arms, they started to argue back an forth "I'm gonna just- go..." I slowly started to back away before they even noticed me leaving. The sun finally went down, Amethyst and Pearl were nowhere within sight now, so I decided to just sit an hang with Ruby and Sapphire, which they left after awhile to go dance. "the kid alone in the corner sipping on an pop. That's me" i continue to sip on my pop, sitting alone on a raggedy tattered couch, bouncing my leg impatiently. "sheesh what's taking so long. . . " I sigh deep in thought, Maybe this was an bad idea, maybe I can just pretend something came up or lie or something like I suddenly felt ill or stomach bug or- my thoughts were interrupted abruptly by the booming of the speakers on stage. "Are you guys ready to Rock!!!!" A short girl screamed at the top of her lungs, she wore an white long cloth like blouse and make up around her eyes to represent an ghost? while the other band members wore suits like they were going to someone's funeral because their expression was melancholy. The crowd went wild as people started to chant the bands name , Sadie and the killers, Sadie and the killers!  Smoke fuming from the backdrops of the stage, the strobing of lights, everything blinded me instantly but one sight stood out the most from everything else, there standing by that stage in the distance caught my eye, it was Lapis, she stood there tall, wearing an long black sleek dress with an leg parting, with matching heels, she wore an black cape, and had a long back whip attached to side of her belt,her blood red lipstick with mascara, she had her hair slicked back, in both hands she looked to have been holding a leash? I felt my mouth drop, she looked like she was looking for someone amongst the crowd that's until she turned around then our eyes locked immediately from across the room, her ocean blues beading upon me. I felt as if she was medusa and I was turned to stone as she started to approach me slowly, hips swaying. I sat there as she now stood before me "Peridot" and for some reason the way she said my name sent shivers down my spine, I gulped hard. "Peridot?" I shook myself out of the spell "Lapis! " I stood up quickly "your really here. ." She just smiles at me "Hey. ."
Awkward silence. "You look really goo-" , "You look grea-" we both speak, I scratch the back of my head nervously chuckling, she does the same "Do you wanna sit?" I point to the couch "Oh uhm y-yeah" she gives me an awkward smile an we sit, more silence. "So uhm peridot- " , "so uhm lapis?" We speak in unison again , "y-you first peridot" I nod "o-oh uhm I was gonna a-ask if you want anything t-to drink?" I ask shyly, why am I acting so damn shy around her?! Get a grip! "s-sure" she replies just as shyly, I stand up immediately almost as if jumping out my seat. "so..soda?water...uhm stiff drink?" I ask, "I think I'll stick with an pop thanks" she does the thing where she chuckles but snorts, cute I mean no! I smack myself "You-okay?" "I thought there was an bug on my face! Be right back!" my face heated I rush off in embarrassment.