"Hes phoning Wills house." Lucas told her. Ashlynn just hummed, her eyes lingering on the redhead beside her for a few moments more. Max could feel the eyes on her, she guessed, as her blue eyes met Ashlynns quickly before the pair broke eyecontact and returned to fidgeting with their belongings.

A few minutes later, Mike was running over to them. Ashlynn watched him, hoping that he got an answer from the Byers. Will and Ashlynn had built somewhat of a silent bond, trauma really did bring people together. Not always in the worst ways either.

"Anything?" Lucas shouted from his spot against the rail as the boy ran toward them.

"We need to talk. AV room. Right now." Mike told them, the group grabbing their things and standing from their seats as he jogged up the stairs. Max and Ashlynn begun to make their way up the stairs behind him, and Mike turned to the redhead abruptly.

"Party members only." Mike said rudely. Ashlynn huffed, turning to take her seat on the steps again.

"Lynny, you're a member." Lucas told her, opening the door to the building.

"Come on Mike." Dustin told him.

"No! This is non-negotiable. Ashlynn can come, but she stays."

"No, ill stay here with Max." Ashlynn told him, fed up with his rudeness toward the redhead. Lucas lingered for a second, but followed shortly after him and Dustin apologised to Max.

"Hes a rat." Ashlynn muttered, sitting on a step above Max as the pair returned to their places. Max laughed slightly, growing comfortable again in the girls alone presence.

"So, you and Lucas?" Max wondered, her chin against her hand nonchalantly. Ashlynns eyes grew wide.

"What do you mean by that?" She inquired.

"Well, you two seem like you like each other." Max turned to her, "Am I wrong?"

Ashlynn giggled to herself, pulling her sweater sleeves over her hands to form her frequent comfortable sweater paws.

"Absolutely not." Ashlynn told her, "Hes like a brother to me."

Max grimaced, "I dont think he'd be too happy to hear that."

Ashlynn pondered on the thought, wondering if she was right but decided to ignore the likelihood of Lucas liking her in a 'crush' way. Max raised her eyebrows, moving her body to lean against the white fence of the school steps so she could easily face Ashlynn.

"Im sure he doesnt see me like that." Ashlynn nodded, looking over her chipping orange nailpolish. Browns and oranges were Ashlynns favourite colour, which linked to Ashlynns favourite season of the year. Fall, or autumn. Max gave a disbelieving hum, sarcasm lacing it.

"Why? Do you like him?" Ashlynn pushed, "Im sure he'd like you, if thats why you're upset."

Max laughed to herself, "Nah, boys like Lucas arent really my type." She muttered.

Ashlynn shrugged, smiling at the girl.

The last class before school ended was starting in a few minutes so Max and Ashlynn decided to walk their seperate ways. Ashlynn walked to her english classroom with a smile lingering on her face, Max really helped make her thoughts calm for a while.