12. Unexpected

Chapter 12

“Does Sam know he’s here? Let alone that you’re here?” I asked Tatiana.

“She knows I’m in the city, my sis is a clever girl. I’m not so sure how she will react to the fact that  Carter is here though.”  Oh that’s not going to be good.

Wait did I forget to mention that Tatiana and Carter are Sam’s half brother and half sister? Long story short, Sam’s dad married Tati and Carter’s mom, had Carter and then Tati, 3 Years later they weren’t happy with each other so they divorced and Mr. Hemmings married Angela Hall , then voila Sam popped out 9 months later. After the incident at the beginning of our last year of college, Carter and Tatiana moved away to a city in California named Oceanside, and Sam and I didn't see them ever again.  All I was ever left with was a scar in my heart, and 9 months later, a scar on my lower belly.

“It’s been 3 years Tati, why now?”

“I really don’t know, Madds. I told him exactly the same thing!”

“I can’t give her up, you know how much I went through, these past 4 years.”

“Look Maddeline, I totally understand where you’re coming from, but it’s not up to me to do anything about it, you out of all people know how stubborn he is.” I look down at my watch, I probably should get back to work.

“Tati, where are you staying?”

“I’m staying at the Fairmont.”

“Okay, that’s not too far from Sam’s place, I get out of work at around 7:30 today, can you meet me there? I’ll let Sam know you’re coming over, after all you are her favorite sibling.”

“Yeah! Just text me the address, here is my number,” As she proceeded to write her number on the back of a business card, I see Mr. Alexander enter the building, with the devil herself, Rachel, “here it is, I’ll see you later! Don’t worry I’ll keep Carter as far away from you as I can.” Unfortunately she said that part a little too loud. You know when someone walks by, and you can tell that they were eavesdropping on your conversation, just by their body language? Yepp, well I’m pretty sure Mr. Alexander just did that. Not to mention the look of disgust that, that devil gave me.

“Sure Tati, see you later!” I give her a hug, and turn to Selma. Well shit, I totally forgot she was sitting behind the desk this whole entire time.

“My lips are sealed!” She makes the motion of zipping up her lips and throwing the key away with her hands.

“Thank you!” I squeal and quickly make my way up to the office.

It’s the greatest feeling in the world when you’re going through a rough time and you know you have friends whom you could count on, and give you good advice.

---

After letting a very excited Sam know that Tati was in town, I went onto fixing his schedule for tomorrow.  

9:15 a.m. Meeting with the head of HR (Human Resources) .

10:00 a.m. Meeting with the head of Finance.

10:45 a.m. Meeting with Vice President of Operations.

11:30 a.m. Meeting with Marketing and Production Manager.

12:45 p.m. LUNCH ( FREE FOR NEXT 4 HOURS )

Meeting, and more meetings, how exciting!!

I finished editing and printing out the schedule, and here comes the part i’ve been trying to avoid for the whole day.

Hesitantly knocking on the door, I wait.