8. Can't Call It Quits

Chapter 8 (Halfway Edited)

(follow @CEOsAssistant on twitter , if I get more followers, I'll update)

"You broke me, so I'm quitting," No, that's no good. I erased that.

"I'm quitting because you are a lying asshole," No that's even worse. I erased that.

Stupid resignation letters. Maybe I'll just go with the standard, "Irreconcilable differences". Wait, no. I'm not divorcing him.

Well Shit.

I don't really have to quit. I can't show him how weak everything made me. Maybe this is not the way to approach things. No, I won't quit, tomorrow I will show up to work like nothing ever happened. I will not let him think he's won, that's just not how things work.

He wants an assistant, he will get an assistant, and nothing more.

I picked up my phone, and gave Selma a call.

"Alexander & co, this is Selma, how may I help you?" Her perky voice rang through the phone.

"Hey Selma! It's Maddeline Myers."

"Maddeline! Nice to hear your voice, what can I do for you?"

"Can you transfer my call to Mr. Alexander?"

"Sure thing, How are you feeling?" She asked, a slight hint of worry in her tone.

"I'm good, why do you ask?"

"Mr. Alexander told everyone you would be taking a few days off because you weren't feeling so well."

Asshole.

"Right. Well I am better now, thanks for asking."

"That's what friends are for right?" She gave a small chuckle, "Here let me transfer your call, see ya soon Maddeline!"

Must. Not. *Ring*. Back. Out. *Ring* . Now.

"Liam Alexander, how can I help you?" Strict and straight to the point, well done.

"It's Madds- Maddeline, you know, your assistant?"

"Maddeline! I'm so sor-" No. You're not.

"I didn't call for an apology Mr. Alexander. I called to let you know that I will return to work on Monday."

"Really?! I missed you so-"

"That will be all, thank you Mr. Alexander."

"Maddelin-" I hung up before things got out of hand.

You killed what good was left in me, Liam.

________________

I woke up at 7:00 a.m. today, I was surprised I could even sleep, I was a bundle of nerves.

After having showered, and trying to calm my nerves, I made myself some coffee, and sat at the breakfast bar.

Was I really ready for this?

Honestly, I do miss him. Cliche right?

But we went to fast in our relationship that I didn't even know who he was.

What is his favorite color? Damn , I don't really know.

Favorite food? Shit.

Who are his parents? Never met them.