Chapter 38

Seokjin and Namjoon walked arm in arm around the house, the weather still cold but not enough to have snowfall. He'd love it if it did start falling, it would be so fun to run around and maybe throw some at his Alpha. He hummed, Namjoon had his earphones plugged into his phone, one earbud in Seokjin's ear and the other in Namjoon's. He didn't know what was playing but it was a soft voice, singing about the flowers and leaves withering for the winter but then blooming back again for spring, continuously and forever.

His head swayed from side to side as he listened to the song and walked through the garden with Namjoon, they arrived at the gate and Namjoon opened it for them. It led to the woods.

"It's safe around here. There are fences surrounding the area so no animals get in here or get hurt." He told him as they walked, he caught some glimpse of the fence Namjoon was talking about but he didn't really get curious enough to go and check. Since it was a small walk around the house, they were back at the house and going towards the car to pick up his father. It made him happy to now be mated, proudly showing his mate to his father and potentially giving him grandchildren too.

His hand had instinctively gone to his stomach, stroking it gently with the tip of his index finger as he got into the car and Namjoon started the car, they were still pretending that Namjoon was just a businessman and not a mob boss, well, a drug dealer.

Namjoon noticed the movement of his hand, his fingers, on his stomach and his lips quirked up slightly, driving the car to pick his now father-in-law from where they had sent him the past three days.

"Finally," The old man grinned when he saw them and accepted their help rather than fuss too much. "I thought I was going to get my head spoken off if I stayed any more with that maid of yours. Beta girls, more trouble than even Omegas." That made Seokjin snort and giggle.

"Don't say that. I'm sure she wasn't that bad."

"She was. Talked to me about her Alpha boyfriend not texting her and not taking her out on enough dates and then started gushing about him for two days because he took them on a 'romantic' date." His dad scoffed and shook his head. It was fun seeing him so worked up over something so simple. But for an old man, this must've been very annoying.

"Dates. They're useless if the other party doesn't want to mate with you. Which is why I think that courting is the only way to actually go through with this." Namjoon and Seokjin absentmindedly nodded, he turned his head to look at the back where his dad was sitting and smiled.

"Well, your son was courted properly and mated too." His dad seemed to perk up at that notion, a smile returning to his face immediately.

"That's right. And I'll be getting grandchildren. You grew up so soon." His dad sighed and then leaned back to enjoy the image of pups running around and playing. Seokjin had been the only thing that kept him going so he couldn't wait or his son's pups. Seokjin giggled at that and stroked over his stomach, humming slightly and taking Namjoon's hand, the one that wasn't occupied with the wheel and laced them together.

"We can't wait either, dad." He gave Namjoon a smile, one that was returned and then looked out as they kept driving. They soon arrived back at the house and Seokjin helped Namjoon place his dad back in his wheelchair and then take him back inside. His dad looked around as if expecting something to have changed and then scoffed when there was none.

"So you're telling me you haven't even started preparing for the pups? Do you know how dangerous it is for them in a house filled with so many scents? So many sharp objects? They can't see for the first 3 years of their lives! Even my scent is a danger! You should start building the room and getting everything ready before they come or else it's going to be a disaster! I and your mother prepared for your arrival the moment she was announced pregnant!" His dad went on and on and Seokjin smiled, sitting him down on the couch and kissing his forehead.

"Of course, dad. Whatever you say. Namjoon and I will start on everything as soon as I'm confirmed as well, okay?" Namjoon smiled as he saw Seokjin cover his dad with a blanket and kiss his forehead, it was already obvious that he would be a good mother and carrier.

Once his dad was situated and comfortable, Seokjin walked back towards Namjoon, hugging his side and burying his face in his neck, inhaling his scent and then looking up t him with a bright smile. "I don't think I've ever told you but do you know how much I love you?" Namjoon pretended to think about it.

"No, I don't think you've mentioned it."

"Well, I love you. A lot."

"I love you too. A lot."

{ Hello, everyone. I know it's been very long and I haven't been updating as frequently and usual and some are worried about me but I'm fine, it's just school has started and I haven't had any motivation or time to write. Have this filler - kind of? - chapter because either the next or the one after the next chapter is going to be the final chapter! I hope you have enjoyed this as much as I've enjoyed writing it! }