Chapter 7

Waking up was a job in itself.

His stomach ached - and when he checked, the bruise had turned a greenish yellow color - he also had a headache from all the crying he'd done yesterday.

His hand reached up to grab his head, a groan leaving his lips. He blinked and looked around, remembering where he was and he wished it was a dream. But it didn't seem likely anymore.

There was a change of clothes on the nightstand, so he willed himself off of the bed, grabbing the clothes and dragging himself over to the bathroom. He didn't want to risk changing in the bedroom only for Namjoon to enter out of nowhere.

He frowned when he saw there were no pants or shorts with the change of clothes and pursed his lips.

He decided to just wear the shirt and wool jacket with the pajama bottoms. The shirt was big and almost hung off of his shoulders but they were wide enough so it didn't fall completely and the jacket gave him extra cover. Maybe Namjoon understood how uncomfortable he was and gave him this. Or he just didn't know and took out whatever he could.

He went out the bathroom and looked around the room, he pondered over if he could go downstairs or it would be better if he just stayed there. He creaked open the door, looked left and right, seeing if there was any sound coming from the next room but heard none. Namjoon was definitely up if the clothes were anything to go by.

He slowly padded down the stairs, his hands flowing over the rich wood that the railing was made of. When he entered the living room, Namjoon was in the kitchen, placing plates of food and he smiled softly when he saw Seokjin there.

"I'm not much of a cook, but I at least know how to make eggs and bacon. I hope you're hungry." Just as he said that, Seokjin's stomach grumbled loudly. He blushed and slowly walked over, sitting down once Namjoon pulled the chair out for him.

He was kind of suspicious of the food at first, wondering if Namjoon placed a poison or heat inducer so he took a small bite of the eggs, one eye closed preparing for something to happen. Nothing did. And so he continued eating eating.

Namjoon wasn't kidding when he said he wasn't much of a cook, the eggs had too little salt and the bacon was slightly over cooked. Seokjin didn't have the heart to tell him because he looked so proud - even though he should be feeling remorseless towards this man - and decided to make breakfast another time. Maybe he could make lunch too.

"I want to take you out later after I finish working. To show you that I keep my promises and also to take you to buy clothes because mine are too big to fit you. Then maybe we can grab lunch at a restaurant and come back. Is that okay?" Seokjin wondered why Namjoon bothered to ask. He knew the Alpha said he wasn't going to hurt him, but Alphas generally were demanding and didn't expect anyone to disagree with them.

Namjoon was a weird one, that's for sure.

"Okay..." He winced at how rough his voice sounded. Namjoon noticed and poured him some tea, sliding it over wordlessly and Seokjin took it gratefully. The warm liquid went down his throat and he sighed once he'd finished it all.

"You're okay with walking around with pajamas, right? I thought maybe you would like to just wear the oversized t-shirt like those trends. I-I also kept your shoes and had them cleaned slightly, their in the shoes cabinet and you can wear them once we get going." Seokjin nodded at everything Namjoon said. He got up once he finished his food and bowed slightly. The man was feeding and clothing him even if he was keeping him here against his will, he might as well show at least some respect.

"Thank you so much." With that, he turned around and walked up to the - his? - room and closed the door, slamming down on the bed.

Namjoon said something about keeping his promises. He thought about what it could mean. They only met yesterday so what promise could he have promised Seokjin? Well, it looked like he was going to find out.

He didn't really want to take his pajama bottoms off, he also didn't want to wear them out in public - despite not caring about what people thought about him. He decided that he would rather wear pajamas than go out with half his body on display and went down once Namjoon called for him.

The Alpha had a gentle smile on his face and placed Seokjin's shoes in front of his feet. They were old converse that he'd bought and had for over a year now. But they looked like completely new, white and pure converse. He was shocked and leaned down to touch them, admiring how the only thing left on them were the scars of being used.

Namjoon placed a hand over his head, motioning at the door with his hand and then walked out. A spark of hope lit in Seokjin and he looked around, going to the back door and tugging them back, trying to see if they were going to slide back but they were locked. He tried the other door that led to the side of the house but that was locked too, the only other place with doors or windows was the top floor and the part that led to the front would get him caught while the back was too high for him to jump from and that made him stomp his foot in frustration.

He grumpily walked out the front door and then followed Namjoon into the car, he hoped there would be more chances for him to escape because he couldn't, can't, live like this for the rest of his life.