19

"Diego!"

Ziva chased Diego down the hall as he swung her underwear in the air. She was quickly gaining on him until he lept down ten stairs.

"What the heck? How's that even possible?" Ziva groaned and continued her pursuit.

Just as she reached the kitchen, the side door opened. In came an exhausted Roddy. She was supporting a sleeping Kai.

"Kai!" Brody exclaimed only to be shushed by Roddy. "Sorry!" He whispered quite loudly.

Roddy carried Kai upstairs and placed him in a guest bedroom so he wouldn't get his sheets dirty. She ran a hot shower and picked out warm clothes for him.

"Kai? Kai?" She mumbled, lightly shaking his shoulder. He groaned and his eyes opened slowly. Kai knew he looked rough and wondered how Roddy could look at him without grimacing

"Go take a shower and then a nap. I'll have food ready when you wake up, okay?" Roddy helped him into the bathroom and walked away only when she knew he was settled.

She took a shower for herself and attended to her wounds. The skimmed gunshot wound nor the cut in her face would scar, which was good.

Roddy took a glance at herself in the mirror. Her skin was pale and her veins peeled through. There were bruises throughout her body and many scars. Roddy could not even find it in herself to care about them. She planted a smile onto her face instead.

Roddy went downstairs and made Kai one of the largest breakfasts he would ever have in his life. This said a lot since he had grown up with maids and chefs making every meal for his relatively large family.

★★★

Roddy was perched in the living room, going over strategies for a mission in a month. She already had three plans, but she liked being prepared. She placed her papers on the table when she noticed Brody enter.

"Morning Brody. how are you?"

"Nice, thank you. So, you and Kai?" Roddy rolled her eyes at Brody's antics. Brody's eyebrows were raised and his mouth was quirked upwards.

"What about us?" She raised an eyebrow.

"You'd be the first person he's had feelings for. Just thought you'd like to know that tidbit of info." Brody grinned mischievously. "Can you please name your first child -"

"No." Kai entered the room with a flat look on his face. "I don't want you within a ten foot radius of our
children."

"Our children? Baby, you can't make goods without the factory." Roddy gestured to her stomach. "Besides, my first child is going to be named Eros."

Kai's eyebrows shot up.

"Great, look what you've done." Brody groaned. "You've signaled his nerdy side. Kai is obsessed with Greek literature." Kai ignored him.

"So, why Eros?" Kai wondered why she wouldn't want to name her child after a courageous god. He wouldn't expect Roddy to want to name her child after the god of passion and fertility.

"What we talkin' 'bout?" The rest of the gang slowly filtered in and sat down in the empty couches and got comfortable.

"How nerdy Kai is and why Roddy would want to name her child Eros." Kai would've slapped Brody, but he was excited to hear Roddy talk about his all time favorite subject.

"You want to name your first child Eros? Ew." Raina scrunched her nose. Brody high fived her while Ziva shushed them.

"Any guesses to what my name is?" Everyone in the room looked at Roddy like she was crazy. Before anyone could answer, she continued. "It's not Roddy." Even the girls were surprised.

"'My name is Aphrodite."

"I'm sorry, what?" Ziva voices what everyone was thinking. Even Winslet appeared to be frazzled. In the many years they had known each other, Roddy had never let that slip.

"You pooped out the womb with hair the color of midnight and your parents named you Aphrodite. I'm sorry but, were they blind?" Roddy snickered at Brody's question. She did not know how to answer that, so she chose to shrug.

The crew laughed with each other the whole night.