13

Kai entered the dim building.

He had expected an empty gym.

The sight of Roddy pummeling the punching bag in the corner made him stop in his tracks. Roddy's long black hair was tied up and her fingers were taped as she took swift hits at the large, red punching bag. Kai took a second to admire her tone body clad in a sports bra and tiny spandex shorts.

Kai found her to be breathtaking.

Literally.

Roddy froze at the foreign noise and turned around, letting her guard down when she realized it was just the cutie staying in her house. She waved him over, gesturing to the unused punching bag beside hers.

Kai taped his fingers and got onto the platform. They trained together in silence, their heartbeats and hits in sync. Kai got tired after thirty minutes and had to take a quick water break. He wondered if Roddy was secretly a robot when she hadn't stopped, too.

"So, Bad Boy, why are you here so early?" Roddy raised an eyebrow but continued striking the punching bag. She wasn't used to having a workout buddy.

"Was bored and had nothing else to do. You?"

"I don't sleep. This is the only time I get to train without the other gang members nagging me." Roddy stopped, catching her breath.

So she was human.

"I would ask you to spar, but I wouldn't want to hurt that pretty face of yours." Roddy snickered when Kai scoffed at her. He held up the boxing gloves as a silent question and she nodded.

That's when the real fun began.

★★★

"I can feel the sexual tension from here." Brody muttered, receiving nods in agreement. The three girls and three boys had just walked in after a hearty breakfast, wondering where the other two members of their group had disappeared off to.

Roddy was bouncing around, dodging the punches that Kai aimed her way. They had barely gotten any hits on each other. That was probably because neither of them were trying their hardest. Roddy was still injured and Kai didn't want to accidentally kill her.

"You know, those spandex look good on you," Kai mumbled, "a little too good." Roddy's already flushed face darkened. She looked at him in disbelief. She had not expected him to say that. Kai took this as a good moment to strike. He kicked her legs under and pinned her to the ground, holding her arms above her. His distraction had worked!

"I think I like you down here better." He muttered, shooting her a sly smile as he did so. Kai got up, offering her a hand which she graciously took. After training for four hours with the beautiful girl, Kai felt more comfortable around her. Warming up to someone so quick was difficult for Kai, but Roddy made it easy.

They walked off together, both going into separate locker rooms and preparing to return back home to eat lunch together.

★★★

"How do I look?"

Kai's stare intensified as he took a glance at the spinning girl above him. She wore a long, backless gray dress with long sleeves. He liked the way the fabric looked on her skin, pairing nicely with her dark hair.

"It looks great." Kai held up two thumbs up to prove his point.

Kai and Roddy were shopping for the mission they had later in the day. Raina was usually the one to make their outfits, but she had been busy the last few days. Everyone else was still at the gym, so that left Kai to escort Roddy.

The two of them enjoyed each other's company, even when they simply walked in silence in the mall. They had ended up at a Chick Fil A, both of them getting extra food in order to reward their bodies for the intense workout session they had earlier.

"Kai?" Kai glanced up at Roddy, who was in a light blue dress. She had a smile on her face, but he could tell it was forced. "Could you come in here for a moment?" Kai furrowed his eyebrows, but let out a lopsided smile.

"Want to be close to me already?" Roddy broadened her humorless smile, gesturing Kai over. She mouthed the word "now" to him and he could tell it was important. She shut the changing room door quickly and quietly.

"There's a man in a blue suit out there with two bodyguards. I saw him look over here a few times. Something is up." Roddy's voice was as low as could be by that point. A series of knocks appeared at the door.

"Anyone in here?" A low voice grumbled outside of the stall. Roddy shoved Kai right behind the door so he'd be unseeable to whoever was knocking. She handed him a knife and held her index finger to her lips.

"Yes! Just a minute." Roddy grabbed another knife from her purse, causing Kai to hold in a snort. He thought it was funny how many weapons the girl carried on herself at all times.

Roddy suddenly opened the door, grabbing the man from outside and pulling him into the stall. She shut the door on the two guards, who immediately pulled their weapons out. She stabbed the man in the stomach, who emitted a low groan.

She opened the door again, a broad smile on her face. Roddy pulled the first guard in and stabbed him as well. The second guard tried to come up behind her, but Kai had been fast to jab the knife into his back. The two gathered the three bleeding men and threw them into the corner of the changing room.

"I'm going to stand outside the stall. You lock the door and jump over, okay?" Kai nodded and followed her directions. The three men wouldn't be found for a good thirty minutes, which would be all the pair needed.

Roddy immediately got on her phone and called Ziva to delete all camera footage of her and Kai at the mall. The two headed to the front together, paying for the dress that Roddy still had on.

"I think we make a good team." Roddy was grinning at Kai, who returned the enthusiasm.

"I do, too."