17

They were in a stadium.

"Holy moly, what is this?" Kai and Roddy saw rows of seats as far down as a hundred feet. There were thousands of people, who were all focused on a raised platform in the middle of it all.

When Ziva had sent Roddy the floor plans, that had not been included. She has gotten over the shock, but the disbelief hadn't quite rolled over yet.

"What do we do?" Kai wondered how they were going to go through with the mission. Livant Ders, the man they had to assassinate, was somewhere within the large crowd of people. They had his physical description memorized down to his shoe size, but finding him would be near impossible.

"They're currently betting on illegal fighting, nice. So, what we know of Ders is that he is at least a millionaire. And everyone is dressed in tuxedos, correct?" Kai nodded, not sure where she was headed.

"Do you see that group of people near the very platform of the stage?" Kai nodded once again. "They have the little gold gun pins on their tuxes. Those represent status here. Ders is either going to be there or a fighter."

"Why would he be a fighter if he's already a millionaire?"

"Winslet pulled up his tax reform sheets and a lot of the math didn't add up. We still don't know where that extra chunk of money came from. He's a pretty buff guy."

"So, what's the plan?"

Roddy smiled a saintly smile.

★★★

"Kyler on deck! Kyler on deck!" The man outside their room hollered. All of planet Earth plus Venus probably could've heard him.

Kai was in the back room with Roddy, who was all dolled up. She had a shimmering navy blue dress with five inch heels. Her hair was thrown into a lazy ponytail with her beloved scrunchie. Kai was not sure where she had gotten the clothes from, but he knew he would not get a straightforward answer if he asked.

"Why do I have to fight again?" Kai groaned. He wasn't looking forward to the thousands of people hungrily milking in his defeat.

"It was either that or seduce Ders, who's straight. Sorry bud, but if it makes you feel better I'd much rather be kicking ass." Kai rolled his eyes.

Typical.

"Who's gonna kill him anyway, it'll be obvious if you do it since you'll be right beside him." Roddy smacked her forehead, questioning if Kai was always stupid and she was just blinded by his looks.

"I found an acquaintance in the room. Unfortunately, I'm going to be shot as well."

"Wait, what -" Kai was interrupted by the man from earlier. Kai wished that he could stay with the black haired beauty, but it seemed like he didn't have a choice.

"You got this, Kyler." Roddy winked at him as she strutted out the room. Kai grinned at the name she had come up on a whim to register him into the fight. The registrar did not even bat an eye at Roddy's quick thinking.

As he was shoved down the hallway, he saw placards on the walls that seemed to be awards. One of them boasted an enlarged picture of Livant Ders. Under the frame?

Most accurate bettor of the month.

Roddy tricked Kai.

★★★

"Kyler has decided to remain on the defensive side for the first part of this fight. Very interesting because newcomers usually try and give everything they got that first round." The reporter announced over the ruckus occurring below him.

"Yes, that's very interesting. Looks like he wants to tire out Big Bones over there before he makes a move."

Kai was dancing around the rink, waiting for his opponent to realize that getting a strike in was impossible. Kai was fairly strong, but his quick strategizing was unbeatable.

He had enough playing games with Big Bones in front of him and decided to lay it on easy.

Big Bones wasn't so big after a punch to the face.

"Big Bones down for three!" The crowd screamed along as the referee counted down.

"Two!" Noise around Kai was increasing as his eyes scanned the crowds for the raven haired beauty. Bright lights all around him grew intenser.

"One!"

Three shots were heard.