Malnourished

Devon sat on the front step of the old library and waited.  She realized that she was flying by the seat of her pants, and at the moment she had that thought, it made her laugh out loud. She has a good laugh, the kind that catches everyone's attention and they would either smile or laugh with her.  

"Devon! What in the world are you doing out here?" Sharron had come out the front door with Darrel right behind her.  "Oh I just got here and it is such a beautiful day I thought I would just sit  and get some air before I go back to work." without waiting to see if Sharron actually believed her, Devon stood up and smiled. "You must be the friend I have heard Sharron talk about, it's Darrel isn't it?" she held her hand out to the mysterious stranger.  He stepped forward and grabbed her hand with a firm, dry hand shake. "Why yes my name is Darrel and I sure would like to know what this beautiful woman has been saying about me." he glanced at the tall blonde next to him and gave her an affectionate squeeze.  "Oh all of it has been good but I didn't think we had any Gods left in this part of the country."she winked. "Devon! Now don't you believe her, I don't talk about you like that!"  Sharron's face had turned a bright red which set both Darrel and Devon laughing loudly. "It's okay sweetie, I know your friend is just having fun.  Now are we still going out for dinner tonight?" his eyes twinkled as he looked into her radiant face, then it happened.  He had briefly looked away from her and his face changed.  For that split second the look on his face became cold and empty. He glanced up and their eyes had met and Sharron felt her body go cold with fear.  The "look" disappeared as quickly as it came but Sharron had seen it and was not something she was going to forget, "for a moment I would have sworn he actually disliked her, even hated her but why ........ ?" Devon thought.  

Devon looked at her best friend's face to see the happiness that had consumed her.  She needed to get out of there so she worked at controlling her voice and said, "look, while you two love birds talk about your plans I think I will get back to work.  I have a mean and hard driving boss you know." Devon smiled and started to walk through the door.  "Wait a minute!" Darrel said in a loud voice "Did you ask her if she was going to come out with us tonight?" He was obviously looking at Sharron for a positive response. "Well I didn't know ... " Sharron started but before she could go any further Devon cut in.  "Wait a minute! You want ME to come along on your date?  No thanks!  It's nice of you to ask but I am no third wheel and besides I'm busy tonight."  Devon didn't like the feeling she was getting and without saying another word she spun around and stepped through the door.

She could hear the two lovers speaking rapidly but decided not to stick around and listen to them.  Within minutes she was in the basement ready to get back to work.  "Something is wrong I can feel it and I sure don't like it." Devon wasn't waiting for a response.  She sat down and pulled open a box.  This one was not much more different then the previous ones.  It had loose papers of every size with little or no importance.  She marked it for the discard pile.  It was the same for the next three but on the fourth she stopped.  It looked like the others until she got close to the bottom.  She held in her hand a box that was eerily like the box she found the night before.  Her hands shook with worry that it was going to contain more of the forbidden information she was trying to forget but what should she do about it?

There was nothing she could do about it now so she felt for the difficult little button and found it.  The door opened and inside she found more CD's and a piece of paper with the name "Yudkin 1972 book Pure White and Deadly" on it. Now this captured Devon's attention because it looked as if it belonged with the first box and now she really didn't know what to do.  If she keeps this information then she could put her family and friends in danger but if she keeps quiet about what she read last night then the whole world will continue to be in danger,  they need to be told, warned.  At first It was a shock to her that they were all living with an enemy that was virtually invisible even with it being right out in the open.  Is it her duty to tell people so they can make up their own minds?  This just felt too big for her to make the decision on her own and knew there was only one thing she could do, go to her Grandmother.  If anyone had the wisdom to know what she should do then it was her.  "There, that at least was a decision, I'll go to her tonight then we will know what to do."

MalnourishedOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara