Part 13: New Comers

Start from the beginning

"It's quite the event to be able to meet the couple that has been building here for over a year now." Rachel stated as the gave a small smile that fit perfectly on her red lipstick lips.

Over a year he's been working on this house? Just how long has he been planning this? I question but keep it to my thoughts.

America let out a laugh. "Is that so?" He asks.

"Oh yes," Nichole pipped up. She's quite so it's a little hard to hear her. "It's all our neighborhood ever talks about."

"Well I hope we didn't keep the neighborhood waiting too long." The girls lightly laugh at America's comment. It was like each girl was trying to remain dainty and preserved. Was this how all American women acted? Does America want me to be more like them?

"So (Y/N)," Rachel began. "You don't look like you're from around here. You look like a foreigner. But don't worry honey, it's not in a bad way. I just want to know where you are from."

I turn my gaze towards America to get any signs of disapproval. He gave me a single nod and a smile, so I knew I was safe to tell that much. "I'm from (C/N)."

"You sure came here just in time then." Brianna commented. That caught my attention quickly.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I stuttered. I could feel America's grip on my shoulder tighten, but I knew he couldn't do really do anything about it. Not while he's trying to remain calm in front of his citizens.

"You don't know? It's been all over the radio." Brianna inquired.

"They are in serious trouble right now with losing the war, along with the rest of the axis powers." Nichole proclaimed. "Currently (C/N) is merging as a full American territory. Losing full custody of their government and their economy. They no longer have the free will to make foreign affairs of their own either. America is the only country that (C/N) will be allowed to ally with." Her face grew red with embarrassment. "Oh sorry, I know I'm blabbering. But I guess i just get really excited when the radio talks about the war efforts."

I smiled knowing that I had a way to get information about what's going on in the world through her now. That is if America allows her back."It's alright Nichole. I like hearing about world affairs too. But as you can see we don't have a radio yet." I didn't have to look around to know that there was going to be no radio here. However the ladies glanced around themselves and found no sign of what they were looking for.

"You're right (Y/N), you don't have one yet. You should really get one. It makes cooking and cleaning so much smoother." Nichole preached. "When the radio is on, I always get the house ready from when my husband James and the kids for when they come home around dinner time."

"But I can't help but feel bad for what's happening the the axis power countries as of late. Even if they are the enemy country." Nichole voiced. "I heard that Germany was supposed to unite with (C/N) but can't anymore. Not only that but Germany is losing all of his colonies as well. Japan lost all rights to building a military and navy, while Italy is now in huge dept to the U.S."

I was lost in thought thinking about how they may be handling all of this right now. I know that there would be punishments for our loss, but I would have never thought that it would be this severe. Then again I have never been in or even close enough to a war to know how one plays out. Only the revolution I had gone through with Russia.

(Y/N), honey?" America brought me back out from my thoughts as I remembered where I was. "You okay?" When I didn't respond he brought his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Awe no need to be scared darling. I've got you. I won't anything bad happen to you, you're safe."