{15} Alive

There are thirteen reasons why your friend died.

And you're one of them.

You say you're innocent? But...are you really?

Even if you are...It's too late.

The whole world already knows what you did to him.

After all, there are thirteen reasons. But only one story.

~

"Moonwatcher Everfrost. Please come to the office."

The teacher excused her from the class, telling her to go there without any trouble. She nodded and shakily went out of the classroom.

What could it possibly be?

When she reached there, she took a deep breath and knocked.

There was no reply. So she peeked in, opening the door slightly.

There were students there. Sitting around a table.

Scarlet Sky, her eyes puffy red. Icicle Absher, her fists clenched at her sides. Qibli Sand, his eyes wide, surprise on his face. Then anger. Even students that weren't from her school— Lynx Truth. She knew from the pictures that were around Winter's room.

Everyone that were on the tapes, except those who had passed away. All in one room.

She felt a chill down her neck. What could this...possibly mean?

Then she saw him. He had a smile on his face, and, when he spotted her, his smile got bigger.

That when she knew: he stole the tapes. Hers. Everyone's. He knew they were in Kinkajou's house, because he was in one of them.

One of her closest friends.

Winter, you should know...so is this what betrayal— true betrayal— feels like?

A whisper in her head: yes.

"Welcome to the party, Moon," Umber sneered.

"Ah, Miss Everfrost. Please come on in," Mr. Webs, the principal, said. Moon, her hands trembling, her eyes never leaving Umber's, slowly went in.

"Please sit down." His voice was grave. Angry. "I think you know why you are in here. Every one of you."

Lynx suddenly stood up. "Tell us, Mr. Principal, what are you going to do with this? Those tapes?"

Mr. Webs shook his head. "That is why I called every one of you today. This is serious business. Some of this is called bullying. Abuse. Every one of you, if I understood correctly, was a reason for Winter Absher's death."

Lynx banged the table with her fists. "This is ridiculous. Why should you care? This was a business between Winter and me. Why does it matter to you? I'm not even your student. You can't punish me."

Mr. Webs sighed. "Sit down, Miss Truth. And don't you think I know? Winter was one of my pupils, and it is my duty to talk to you. This is unbelievable. Nobody thought something like this could happen."

Scarlet clenched her fists. "Then what are you going to do? Expel us?"

Umber huffed. "We should release them so everybody can see them! So that it won't happen again!"

That comment made Moon confused. "Why are you doing this, Umber? You're in the tapes, too."

Umber smirked. "No, I'm not. Stop with your lies, Moon."